Author Topic: Long Beard?  (Read 3225 times)

Offline BaldnBearded

• Sly Jr.
Long Beard?
« on: July 21, 2010, 08:46:19 PM »
Hey guys, finally after a year of on and off backsliding from shaving my head and growing my norwood 7 excuse for hair back, I'm finally 100% comfortable as a sly guy.I don't know what has been different about this time but I love the bald look on me now and am feeling really confident.As a personal gift to myself, I want to set out on a little bit of a beard growing adventure and grow my beard out for 6 months without trimming (only trimming I'd do would be to get rid of stray hairs to keep it neat and manageable).The longest my beard has ever been is about 1.5 months worth t of growth.My besard grows really fast so at 6 months,i'd be at 3+ inches.My question is,do you all think a longer beard will look good with the sly look on me?I'm pretty determined to grow for 6 months anyways,but I'd like a little input on how you guys think a 3 inch beard would look like with the sly look?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 08:55:19 PM by chillpil5 »

Offline J.J.

• Sly
Re: Long Beard?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 09:06:54 PM »
Glad you're finally at ease with your look, because you carry it off really well.   As far as the longer beard is concerned: go for it.  I'm sure you'll like it, and that's all that really matters. 

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 06:58:08 AM »
Go for the length and minimum trimming.  In addition to length you'll get the advantage of dormant hairs reentering the growth cycle so the density will pick up too, adding to the look.  Topped off with a sly dome rather than a horseshoe, it's a natural.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 06:16:34 PM »
Yeah: go for it.  I'm currently growing out my goat, hoping to get it a few inches long, just for a change-around. 8)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 09:46:39 PM »
I've never had the patience to grow mine out very long.  Growing out a goatee was a lot like going sly for me -- I was self-conscious about it and had several aborted attempts before I finally stuck with it. 

If you've got the itch to grow it out, go for it. 

Offline Coltsfan73

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 07:38:13 PM »
Hey man... I say grow it out, brother. How you comin' with it?

Offline BaldWriterBob

• Super Sly
  • Pastor, Author, Musician
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 01:51:59 PM »
Go for it. If you find you don't like the full facial beard, you'll have a 'canvas' to work with. You can carve it down to where you like it.