Author Topic: Back to being Sly after 20 days  (Read 2818 times)

Offline jaypksfo

• Sly
Back to being Sly after 20 days
« on: July 21, 2010, 12:05:19 AM »
Well - went 40 days being sly, but grew it back because my mom was coming to visit and just didnt want to deal with her comments.  She left today and off the hair came!  Its was kinda fun to grow it back and see how fast it grew in 20 days, but enjoying the sly feel once again.

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
Re: Back to being Sly after 20 days
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 12:55:19 AM »
Welcome back man!
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 02:44:31 AM »
welcome back!!!!!

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 08:03:20 PM »
Moms can be a problem... that's for sure!  :*))

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline jaypksfo

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 08:39:09 PM »
I only see her once every 1 1/2 to 2 years so I figured whats the harm . . . She always wanted me to have long 80's hair (which I NEVER EVER HAD) so bald she is not a fan of!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 09:12:55 PM »
I only see her once every 1 1/2 to 2 years so I figured whats the harm . . .

The harm is that you're still bowing to the demands of other people.  You need to get over caring what other people think and stick with what you want.

I know you how feel; I was the same way for a long time.  Not with my mom or dad because I see them too often to hide a shaved head from them.  For for a really long time, I'd be in a panic over seeing people that hadn't seen me since I started shaving -- and if I had enough notice I'd grow back what I could beforehand.  Eventually it got to the point where I'd be worried about the reactions of people I hadn't seen in years -- if I hadn't seen them in such a long time, how important were they really, and why did I caare aobut their opinions so much?  It's really ridiculous when you stop and think about it.  And sooner or later, you're bound to run into somebody without any prior warning and you just have to face the music, so to speak.

I don't mean to be critical because I know how tough it can be to get past caring about other people's opinions.  But once you do get past it, it's truly liberating. 

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 02:17:36 PM »
. . . She always wanted me to have long 80's hair (which I NEVER EVER HAD) so bald she is not a fan of!
Somebody has to tell her the 80's are over.  :D
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline jaypksfo

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 02:43:24 PM »
HAHA!!  i know right!  Well . . .to be honest i liked growing it back and then shaving it all off again.  Felt like the 1st time.  I guess one advantage I have is that I have all my hair so I can go back and forth.  I showed her some pics and she just grimaced (sp?) at it - LOL. 

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 03:31:58 PM »
I showed her some pics and she just grimaced (sp?) at it - LOL. 

You're still "her little boy" and you always will be.  But like RazorX says, this is something you're doing for you--and in this only your needs and pleasure count.  Unless you get a need satisfied or pleasure out of it, don't do it.  But like you say, as a BBC--at least right now >:D--you have a choice--so choices are good while they last.  Tempus fugit, sometimes with it goes the hairline!.

Offline jaypksfo

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 04:07:05 PM »
Well if its true what is said that you look to Your Mother's father to determine hairloss - i will have a full head of hair till im 80

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 08:06:05 PM »
Well if its true what is said that you look to Your Mother's father to determine hairloss - i will have a full head of hair till im 80
Ifyou like SLY, to qoute someone, "Frankly, who gives a damn!"

Offline jaypksfo

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 08:36:16 PM »
AGREED!