Author Topic: Targeted at Target  (Read 6989 times)

(|8-)

Targeted at Target
« on: July 18, 2010, 05:18:29 PM »
So I was shopping at Target, and the cashier handed me one of those instantly printed coupons...for Rogaine!

Either they have a code to punch in for bald guys in baseball caps, or Target's computer has correlated buying Rogaine with coffee filters, printer paper and earwax remover (the things I actually bought).

Has anybody else experienced this one?

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Targeted at Target
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 05:28:16 PM »
That IS quite a coincidence.......  ;D
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 06:35:09 PM »
I'm afraid I'd be a bit offended myself.  :Xo!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 08:15:15 PM by Sgt. Pate »

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

(|8-)

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 07:24:51 PM »
I'm afraid I'd be a nit offended myself.  :Xo!
A shaving cream coupon would be a totally different story!

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 07:37:16 PM »
That's pretty funny stuff. I'll have to stop into the next Target I happen to pass and see what they give me.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Rob-Raz

• Super Sly
  • Me and my girls
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 05:41:14 AM »
Probably from an earlier purchase on that same credit card....if you have ever bought anything shaving related...may have done it. But I still would have acted totally offended....ask for a trade for a shaving cream coupon, razors, something!   >:D

Offline texanron

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 09:16:17 AM »
I haven't had this ha[ppen to me yet and the wife and I frequent the local Target. I wouldn't be offended in the least. I'd probably just laugh about it.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 09:46:01 AM »
How about asking to start carrying Headblade products for a change since Walmart stopped carrying them?
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline johnnyo

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 11:35:39 AM »
I don't think I'd be offended, although if I were mean and if I carried them with me, I'd give them a coupon for a fat club, or a make over.. that's mean. don't do it..  :Xo!

Offline Kojak

• Ich bin ein Berliner
  • Sly
  • Hang out with Stevie Ray in my Nations Capital
    • I make pinup art
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 12:10:01 PM »
How about asking to start carrying Headblade products for a change since Walmart stopped carrying them?

Walmart used to carry HeadBlade products? Sucks that they don't now. We need to start a petition to get them to sell HeadBlade again.
I have never used ear wax remover, does that work well? I use Q-Tips and car keys.
"Who loves ya, baby?"~Kojak~

(|8-)

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 09:15:57 PM »
Walmart used to carry HeadBlade products? Sucks that they don't now. We need to start a petition to get them to sell HeadBlade again.

Wal-Mart is not known for being on top of the most stylish products.

I have never used ear wax remover, does that work well? I use Q-Tips and car keys.

No, it does not seem to work at all, so I probably have to go to the doctor tomorrow.  I've had this beforeā€”if it's keeping my ear from draining after swimming, it's probably a big piece of wax that is not going to be dissolved by some over-the-counter solution, but I thought it would be worth trying.

(|8-)

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2010, 08:17:43 PM »
This weekend at Target, the coupon was for mouthwash and toothpaste.  Which sort of makes sense since I bought body wash, shaving gel, etc.  Though I'm sure the cashiers would like a button for PRINT MOUTHWASH COUPON FOR THIS CUSTOMER sometimes.   ;)

Offline phigg

• Sly
  • Show me some skin!
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2010, 10:15:26 AM »
This weekend at Target, the coupon was for mouthwash and toothpaste.  Which sort of makes sense since I bought body wash, shaving gel, etc.  Though I'm sure the cashiers would like a button for PRINT MOUTHWASH COUPON FOR THIS CUSTOMER sometimes.   ;)

So now they're suggesting you have bad breath, but you're not offended at that?   >:D

Seriously though, I think it's all pretty much random.  Nothing to get offended about in any case. And the cashier certainly has no control over what prints out.
Hair today.. gone tomorrow!  (sorry)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2010, 10:41:11 AM »
That's not too bad, they could have "targeted" you for Lydia Pinkham!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2010, 10:46:06 AM »

Seriously though, I think it's all pretty much random.  Nothing to get offended about in any case. And the cashier certainly has no control over what prints out.

I agree with phigg here, the newer computer run systems at most stores now print out coupons based on your shopping history and choices. I don't see a problem with that, and it's the same as your computer tracking at home. Why would you even be offended or feel funny about it?  :/O