Author Topic: Dyeing your beard  (Read 33487 times)

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
Dyeing your beard
« on: July 18, 2010, 01:53:07 PM »
So a kind of a different subject. I really wanna dye my beard, I kind of don't like my hair color because it goes like this. Brown hair on head, blonde eyebrows and red facial hair. So I'm really just a mix of colors that never made up there mind on what they wanted to be. Anyone know anything about doin this?

The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Dyeing your beard
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 01:56:25 PM »
If your head is shaved then it doesn't matter that your beard is a different color.  So why bother dying it?

I'm not sure that this can even be done without using a harsh peroxide to bleach out all the color so you can dye it a new color.  The end result is bound to look odd, and what's worse, you'll have to do it again in a week or two when your beard starts to grow out.

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 02:14:18 PM »
Ya I spose thats true just pale skin/red facial hair i feel doesnt look the greatest. I like the way I look in those bathroom lights where facial hair looks brown with darker skin, but eh thats not how I really look so I shud just accept the way I look.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 02:19:06 PM »
Dude.... the only thing I know about this is that I can ALWAYS tell when a guy dies his beard. It never looks natural...
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline BaldWriterBob

• Super Sly
  • Pastor, Author, Musician
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 02:00:55 PM »
If you decide to try this, your bald head is already taken care of. Don't go near your eyebrows with dye. Seems to me it would be dangerous.
You might want to experiment with one of those beard and moustache color treatments from the drug store.

Offline Timmer

• Super Sly
  • And it harm none, do what you will.
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 02:07:22 PM »
I'm with mikekoz, I've never seen a guy with a died beard that didn't look wrong somehow.  Just my opinion, I could be wrong...which I only say when I KNOW I'm right.
One definition of "surrender" is, "To join the winning side."

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 02:24:11 PM »
The brothers have it right, Kenny. A dyed beard will look totally lame. I have the same issue as yourself, except now there's some gray in the mix as well. I accepted the fact that I'm a bitsa (bitsa this, bitsa that) a long time ago. Be variegated, be proud my son!   8)
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 03:09:25 PM »

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 09:15:08 AM »
Dyed anything on men looks lame and very, very fake. Like Mike K said; It never looks natural.
Don't do it.    :D

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 10:35:36 PM »
Yeah, I just started the goat look and it's coming in mostly white (grey?).  I've talked to a number of guys at work and most of them say it looks cool and to leave it the way it is.  One guy suggested "A touch of Grey" so it would look more "natural".  ;D
I think I'll just leave it as it is.  This is my first facial hair thing since my single days a long time ago. It's also the first chin wiskers that I've grown in my adult life (military didn't allow it). :x!
So, now I'm living the dream!! :@`

Offline Z CRUZN

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 07:32:02 PM »
Goat started going gray 6 years ago (I'm 57 now) - have used Just For Men ever since.....I'll go billy-goat at 60 - I might be able to live with it then - hahaha!
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/101209/samp22906c9ae3fd96f9.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 08:15:15 PM »
Goat started going gray 6 years ago (I'm 57 now) - have used Just For Men ever since.....I'll go billy-goat at 60 - I might be able to live with it then - hahaha!
That's what I'm looking for, as I pluck a few here or there...10 more come back!!!

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2010, 10:29:52 PM »
My hair, if I were to let it grow, in brown and my facial hair is gray.

But, to each their own... I've earned every gray hair on my chin and I'm wearing them proudly!  :*))

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2010, 12:27:10 PM »
I'm with Sarge. And that's a lot of earning!  8)

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2010, 02:01:23 PM »
And that's a lot of earning!  8)

Preach it BootedBear!  :*))

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Enter your email address: