Author Topic: Suave Hair Conditioner as a Shaving Cream  (Read 7664 times)

Offline Kojak

• Ich bin ein Berliner
  • Sly
  • Hang out with Stevie Ray in my Nations Capital
    • I make pinup art
Suave Hair Conditioner as a Shaving Cream
« on: July 18, 2010, 12:03:12 AM »
First of all look at all your scent options

Now look at the price $1.78
The bottle has 22.5oz!

The Review
Ok, I am a total newbie at shaving my head, but I have been a shaver of the face for a long time, and I know a good close shave. This Suave conditioner helps you to get an extremely close shave and talk about slick!

I used the HeadBlade Sport with Gambrinus's Custom Plus 3 Trick razor setup http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=12894.0 and I got the best shave ever, with absolutely no irritation.

The conditioner traps in the moisture when you add it to your wet head. The blade glides along effortlessly, and rinses from your blade very easily, that is a bonus that will help extend the life of your blade.

I washed my head and left it on the scalp for about 5 minutes before shaving to soften up the hair. This was a dream shave! At $1.78 for 22.5 oz bottle you can afford to use a ton of this stuff!

I know Suave conditioner has been brought up in a couple other threads and a few Sly guys said that they were going to try it, but I have not seen any follow ups on whether or not they did try it, and I thought it needed its own review so it would show up if someone did a search on it.

Really you have to try it, and at $1.78 you can't go wrong!

"Who loves ya, baby?"~Kojak~

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
Re: Suave Hair Conditioner as a Shaving Cream
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 12:16:54 AM »
Conditioner was actually first used as a shaving creme.  I sometimes use it as a pre-shave when I let it go a bit too long.  Never have tried it al la cart.  I think it was the blade  ;D

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 12:20:05 AM »
i actually always use conditioner on my stubble before lathering up with actual shaving creme. to be clear, i use conditioner, let it sit for a few minutes, rinse, and then apply shaving creme. works like a charm
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline Kojak

• Ich bin ein Berliner
  • Sly
  • Hang out with Stevie Ray in my Nations Capital
    • I make pinup art
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 12:28:25 AM »
Conditioner was actually first used as a shaving creme.  I sometimes use it as a pre-shave when I let it go a bit too long.  Never have tried it al la cart.  I think it was the blade  ;D

i actually always use conditioner on my stubble before lathering up with actual shaving creme. to be clear, i use conditioner, let it sit for a few minutes, rinse, and then apply shaving creme. works like a charm

Give it a try as a shaving cream without rinsing it off and adding your normal shaving cream, you will be amazed. Just coat it up on the old dome and let the good times roll. :)
"Who loves ya, baby?"~Kojak~

Offline rico

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 03:21:15 PM »
I just tried using hair conditioner as shaving cream. It works great. I've only done this a few times, but the results are better than my favorite foam.  It greatly reduces my chance (likelihood?) of back-of-head nicks and cuts.

As a test, I did go with a Suave product -- Waterfall Mist -- for only $1 on sale.  I was too skeptical to buy more expensive stuff.