Author Topic: Sly Bald Guys video series...  (Read 4309 times)

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
Sly Bald Guys video series...
« on: October 03, 2006, 04:46:41 PM »
Tyler,

I just had an idea on how to promote Sly Bald Guys:

Why not make a "Sly Bald Guys" video and post in on "youtube" and other video sites?

It would be a short, humorous and witty video representing everything Sly Bald Guys stands for.
It would also add to the credibility and image of the site.

Or, it could be a series of videos, like the video ads about the new film by Canadian author Douglas Coupland, "Souvenir of Canada"

Here are the links:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kCW19_ua_nM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=k3dbn97EdJg

These videos are witty and humorous. They dramatise and make fun of various Canadian stereotypes and stimulate
your appetite for more.

We could do something similar:

Scene 1: a hot girl in a bar and there's this rich good looking Armani dandy hitting on her, and she brushes him off. A little later she sees a bald guy (looks like an average Joe, not very handsome) next to her, smiles and says "wow...I like bald guys. May I?"...and
she goes ahead and gives him a head rub. And that would be followed by a short trailer / credits (animated video sequence with soundtrack and Sly Bald Guys logo or motto)
Scene 2: we see a balding guy at the office who's uncomfortable with his receding hairline. We see colleagues laughing at him and talking about him behind his back, including women. The guy goes home, sits down by the sink and shaves it all off. Then we see him entering his workplace (with rock'n roll soundtrack), bald, confident...ssssly and with a smirky smile on his face, and men just look jeaulous and women are electrified and...aroused.

You know, things along these lines. Stereotypes relating to bald men and the funny situations we bald guys find ourselves in from time to time.

The video series would be inexpensive to produce: all we need is a decent digital video camera, a script, a few volunteers, and somebody who's skilled in video editing (Macromedia Flash, Director etc.).

It would be an effective way to promote the site and create a unique and professional image for it.
We could also have the video series available on the Sly Bald Guys site itself...

Just a thought...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 05:03:08 PM by happyharry »

Who loves ya, baby?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Sly Bald Guys video series...
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 05:05:56 PM »
Harry, I think that is a great idea!  I know a lady that is taking video production classes in college right now.  Maybe I can get her to get some equipment for us.  I'm sure I can find volunteers!  Are you going to be in the US anytime soon?  LOL!

« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 05:18:38 PM by happyharry »
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 05:22:34 PM »
hahah harry, my bro, you have a keen sense of detail... Yeti likes! hehe   p.s. see the Signature update?   8)   hehe 
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 05:27:25 PM »
Ha ha, you guys are great! Tell you what, if our paths should ever cross we'll head to some bar and there'll
be three rounds of free root beer for everybody on me, and we'll have a jolly good time.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 05:29:09 PM by happyharry »
Who loves ya, baby?

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 05:31:14 PM »

The Yeti would be honored.... as long as it's "chilled" root beer   hahahaha   :P
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Enter your email address: