Author Topic: Finally, I'm bald!  (Read 5134 times)

Offline 666pluto

• I'm Bald BABY!!!
  • Learning the way of Sly
Finally, I'm bald!
« on: July 11, 2010, 03:22:55 PM »
Hi there  #3w.
Just thought of introducing myself and participate in this nice community. Been reading here a lot lately, but only now i can say i feel like a part of it O:O.  to cut a long story short, I haven't visited the barber since 20/08/2004. My hair got really long, and i liked it at first. At least until i started losing hair in the front, and lately it reached the point where it got a bit pathetic! I finally found the courage to trim my hair about a week ago, and today just shaved it completely  :D. I don't care how i look, as far as i can tell i look like  !*u%e. I only care how it feels, and it feels great! Gonna buy the headblade tomorrow, since using Gillette fusion wasn't so nice, should make things smother. I also need to buy sunscreen and hope to get a tan, since it's do damn pale!

My family reaction goes both way, best friend hate it, mother nearly cried, my father said it's ugly, sisters liked it a lot, seller on the neighborhood grocery just stared with WTF look, cops keep checking my ID (bald+tattoos, not the most innocent look out there). but i don't care, I'm enjoying my freedom, as i call it 8).
So, I'm glad to join ya  ^-^

« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 03:25:59 PM by 666pluto »

Offline jaypksfo

• Sly
Re: Finally, I'm bald!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 04:13:49 PM »
Welcome!!!

I love all the different reactions people are having - I had alot of the same ones.  I like the WTF one the best!

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 04:26:42 PM »
Welcome pluto! |103|

Glad you joined us. You're right - there's nothing like a smooth dome! 8)
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline DAMMAG

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 04:58:12 PM »
Welcome Pluto.

Once you settle into the Sly look you and other people will get used to it and you'll most likely wear the Sly look with pride.

Keep it up.

Damian.

Offline DAMMAG

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 04:59:51 PM »
Oh. And the reactions are a good thing. There's no use in life being middle of the road boring. Make a mark!

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 05:21:41 PM »
Welcome aboard!  O:O

Post a pic, we'll tell you how you look and not lie about it ether!  O0

Yup, every summer I have to work pretty hard to get a tan on my pate without burning but it comes.

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 07:43:43 PM »
I remember the first time I lathered shaved my head and thinking the same thing after I wiped the shave creme and ran my hand over my head. I'm finally completely bald!!

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 07:59:31 PM »
WELCOME !

LOL ... what a great bald story from a 23 year old !  Smooth is addictive and hope you keep the 30 Day Rule in mind for the rest of your SBG life !   ---Stasiu

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 09:13:05 PM »
 Looking good there, 666pluto. Welcome to the forum!  O0
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 09:25:39 PM »
Welcome aboard!!!

I love how I can see my profile picture in your photo  ;D
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline 666pluto

• I'm Bald BABY!!!
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 01:56:18 PM »
 :*))
thanks everyone  :)
Today i bumped in two coworkers in another city, they didn't even recognize me and kept walking!
Bought the HB, can't wait to use it, but I'm gonna let my head heal for a few days first after the bad shaving using Gillette.
I attached some shitty pic of mine+the headblade being checked by lily 8)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline ynmaker

• Sly Jr.
  • Any idiot can take a good pic w/ a digital camera!
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 02:57:51 PM »
Welcome!
The reactions you're getting will soften over time, or maybe not.  Anyway, read the forum for shaving tips, and do the 30 days.  Like others have said, it will take you a while to get used to the new look.  Others will get used eventually.
Take care.

marty22

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 04:33:48 PM »
welcome and enjoy the ride!~

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 05:58:32 PM »
Bro, you look good, seriously!  I think you just need to do the 30 days plan so that you can adjust and let those around you adjust too.  O0

Remember with the HeadBlade to not put any downward pressure on it as you let it glide over your scalp.  You might try going with the grain until you scalp gets used to being shaved.  One or two strokes with the HeadBlade and rinse it.  Once you get familiar with it I think you'll really like it!

O:O

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline 666pluto

• I'm Bald BABY!!!
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2010, 06:28:15 AM »
thanks again.
I'm already used to my sly look, been so right on the start  O:O. I actually feel more comfortable with it compared to how i felt with long hair, confidence went up & it's shown  :).
I really want to try the headblade out, but just in case I'm gonna wait another 2 days for everything to heal fully. read so many posts about it, though hope i won't cut myself badly like some of the guys here did on first try.