Author Topic: Shaving at 17, pointers ?  (Read 3754 times)

Offline 3Lions

• Learning the way of Sly
Shaving at 17, pointers ?
« on: July 07, 2010, 06:24:17 PM »
My names Jack im a noob here, started going bald at 16 and its getting near to the point where im going to have to shave, thought id ask some people who know what theyr talking about what the best shaver is to use?, also if theres any other precautions i should take like protecting it from the sun? I'd google it but i just want the support i suppose :)

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Shaving at 17, pointers ?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 07:09:19 PM »
First off welcome to the forum and second I applaud you for such a young age to tackle this.....I'd say clipper it at first and then if you want to go smooth get a headblade  O0

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 07:20:15 PM »
Agree with previous post although I recommend the Schick Extreme. Great razor and have been using it for years.

Offline DesmondWolfe

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 08:28:00 PM »
Do you guys think that it's too soon to shave it at this age? I'm 17 as well and kinda tired of putting chemicals in my head.
My angel wings are bruised and restrained.

Offline InProgress

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 10:19:14 PM »
Nope... I have several friends who were losing it at 16/17 and went that route.

Protecting your head from the sun in summer is a good idea... sunburn up there hurts! Either some good sunscreen or a hat (unless you like showing your head off :) )

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 07:14:43 AM »
find a razor that works for you, I personally reccomend the mach3, because the headblade doesn't work for everyone. just experiment around and you'll find a razor / shaving cream(or gel) that works for you

as for me I use the mach 3 and edge shaving gel
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline Metch

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 10:34:59 AM »
I also started at 17 now im a year into it and its been great

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 08:25:31 PM »
I use the MachIII and I love it.  Start off slow and try not to nick yourself. 

Offline jaypksfo

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 08:42:48 PM »
I use a Mach 3 and Edge shave gel as well!!  Works good - definatly a personal preference on what gives you the best shave.  At 17 - think it would be very cool - nobody is going to have a "haircut" like yours... im sure the ladies will like the edge it gives you.  Go for it!!  It grows back if your not happy with it!

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 06:33:12 AM »
Do you guys think that it's too soon to shave it at this age? I'm 17 as well and kinda tired of putting chemicals in my head.

I would think its more of a problem to be pollutin your body with chemicals at 17 than it is to be shaving buddy!
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline DesmondWolfe

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 06:40:15 AM »
Just did it. I'm really, really glad I found this forum.

I've been struggling with my receding hairline this whole year, as I've always had long hair (and used to comb it like Nikki Sixx) and loved it. Losing it affected me in a big way. Trying to hide it affected me even more. If it couldn't be worse, I'm also dealing with depression, which was partially caused by my hairloss, and as dealing with propecia and minoxidil wouldn't make me happy I stopped it as soon as I saw myself shaved: give me a head full of hair or give me nothing. I look much better without trying to hide anything and I'm much more confident as well.

Can't thank you guys enough, the confidence you gave me with your posts in this whole forum was amazing for me!
My angel wings are bruised and restrained.

Offline 3Lions

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010, 06:03:09 PM »
I also started at 17 now im a year into it and its been great

glad to know someone else is doing it as young as i am, how did you react to it at first ?

First off welcome to the forum and second I applaud you for such a young age to tackle this.....I'd say clipper it at first and then if you want to go smooth get a headblade  O0

Thanks i can see myself using this forum alot, it really makes you feel better about shaving, i will try clipper first, will be awhile before i use a headblade i think haha, and thanks for the support guys

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 11:37:39 AM »
I'm also like you guys had the longer hair and started losing it at 17. Also had depression so it was messy ordeal, but shaving is very uplifiting to the spirits for whatever reason.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline Metch

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2010, 07:41:22 AM »

glad to know someone else is doing it as young as i am, how did you react to it at first ?

I loved it right from the start. I almost stopped because i didn't like having to wake up early to shave every day but i got used to it

Enter your email address: