Author Topic: Keeping Warm?  (Read 2735 times)

Offline Dr.Mr.Ed

• Sly Guy in Training
Keeping Warm?
« on: July 04, 2010, 04:05:47 PM »
This may sound like an odd question since it's currently 95 degrees and humid outside, but the last few evenings I've been hanging out outside after dark. I've found my naked dome getting quite chilly.

The first night, I actually borrowed a knit cap. Last night, I brought a bandanna with me. The knit cap is a bit too heavy to pull off in the summer. And the wife hates the bandanna look with a passion.

So how do you guys keep your head warm but semi-fashionable during the summer evenings?

I'm thinking about getting a Headblade Skully. Sizing might be tricky to figure out, but I think it could look good.

Sly since June 25, 2010.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
Re: Keeping Warm?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 05:58:31 PM »
I hardly ever wear a hat of any kind: even in the winter...
...maybe my head has 'hardened up' over the last few years...I kinda enjoy the cold feeling! :D

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 11:07:19 PM »
One word... KANGOL!    O0

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 07:55:29 AM »
I usually bring along a baseball style hat.  O0  My favorite's are type that are plain with no team logo, or something on them instead of a team logo.  Since I don't follow sports regularly, I don't care for questioning such as "did you see that game last night?" or  "how 'bout them sox" or whatever.   :*)) :x!

Offline Dr.Mr.Ed

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 08:09:28 AM »
Maybe I need to get used to things still, but none of my baseball caps look right on me any more. I had a few nice ones (mostly car-related so like Nonick I can avoid the sports stuff), but none of them seem to fit real well now, nor are they very comfortable.

Last night a neighbor loaned me a very biker-looking skull cap. But I looked like a biker -- which doesn't fly with the wife either.  :XX

I might have to give the Kangol a try  O:O
Sly since June 25, 2010.

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 08:15:01 AM »
Yeah, it may be time for a different, more "adult" look?! :o

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 08:45:41 AM »
I never use a hat unless I am in the sun  - - -You will get use to the cold but take a baseball cap with you until the bald dome  gets to like the cold - - - - -  I never wear a hat because I want everybody to see my slick melon 

Offline ynmaker

• Sly Jr.
  • Any idiot can take a good pic w/ a digital camera!
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 01:34:02 PM »
This issue is one reason I waited till summer to go sly.  Ball caps and other hats do feel weird on a shaved head.  While I don't like hats much, I have worn a ball cap and also a Kangol wool Driving cap in winter.  The Kangol cap has more personality, although one of may smart-alec sisters said "That hat looks good, now all you need is a concrete donkey to go with it!"  I guess a driving cap is like a smooth dome.  It takes some confidence to make it work. 
My head is not nearly as sensitive now, almost two months into sly.  Hopefully yours will make the adjustment over time.

Offline Bald Kahuna

• Team Sly
  • Sly
  • Paddling outrigger w/Princess Kahuna-Maui coast
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 07:31:03 PM »
Aloha,
I wear a black wool Kangol and love it! I'm going to buy a suimmer version...lighter weight material. Nordsrtoms has them but not the selection that you'll find online.

The Bald Kahuna
Bald Kahuna

Enter your email address: