Author Topic: Any guys w/ hair anymore???  (Read 5243 times)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Any guys w/ hair anymore???
« on: July 02, 2010, 08:24:48 AM »
Just passed through security to fly out today.  Out of the guys in line & the security detail, only one guy w/ hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Had to ask, "Doesn't anyone have hair anymore?'  They said here in Upstate NY, "Not many!"  We're getting to be the shining majority guys--ain't it nice.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Any guys w/ hair anymore???
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 08:52:12 AM »
Maybe this will mean more products for SLY guys!!!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 09:01:59 AM »
Saw a take down at the County lock up recently involving a half dozen Deputies and all six were chrome domes.

Offline sellitman

• "Shiny"
  • Sly
  • Love My Henson Ti-22 Safety Razor!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 09:30:02 AM »
Had dinner last week at a Pub with the family and all three Bartenders were SLY. My wife even commented. I felt like I should be behind the bar.....until my Pizza came...lol
"There is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God’s grey Earth as that prince of foods... the muffin!"- Frank Zappa

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 11:01:43 AM »
I don't know how big I want the sly movement to get.
I prefer being one of a select few!  O:O

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 04:06:13 PM »

Well, it got even more sly on the plane, take my seat, ugh a center job.  First guy to sit, aisle--tight, tight buzz.  Window guy takes his seat.  They do the close door all gadgets off bit.  Window guy takes off hat--three domes in a row.  I asked, "Doesn't anyone have hair anymore?", the ladies behind us start laughing.  Well, short flight into JFK, by end, buzz guy uses a balding clipper, window guy is electric, shared my enthusiasm for the M5. 
Leaving plane, more sly. Window guy commenting on his way to his plane--"Lots of nice haircuts!"   Schro, it's gotten entirely out of hand in the northeast, entirely out of hand.   ;D ;D O:O  But, maybe we'll get more shell space in stores and all the "bald" ads for equipment won't be in Portugese!. 

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 09:27:11 PM »
hey schro:  i'm a 100% with ya on that.  i prefer being one of the select few but i want more sly products out there, also. ;D O:O

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 09:33:26 PM »
Schro, it's becoming common place here in the warmer climates too.  My main concern is "why aren't they on this forum?"  @c3

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 09:43:24 PM »
Even up here in the cold and rainy Pacific NW there are more and more sly guys.   I'm quickly losing my edge :-( 

I went into Walgreens to pick up more headslick and they had a dozen or so bottles on the shelf.   In the 7 months that I've been buying products there I've never seen that many bottles at one time.   Maybe they're anticipating the movement to grow  :*)) 

GASlick

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 09:48:47 PM »
I totally agree! Down south, I thought the warm weather was a contributing factor.  Apparently it's everywhere!  ;D

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2010, 12:07:46 AM »
Id say about half the guys I see are bald. Unfortunatly Ive been seeing skullets like crazy but tons of BBC guys. Sundays at work is the 'bald day' as we all call it. On Sundays well over 3/4 of the guys that come in are bald. My coworkers and I all give the bald guys more attention because us baldies spend more and tend to reccomend more people and there are more of us than the combovers and skullets...

Offline BuzzDawg

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 06:06:15 PM »
Like GASlick said, it's fairly common in the South, where it's hot.

But for Independence Day weekend we went to Boston, where it was actually hotter than it was at the same time at my home in Northwest Arkansas. When we flew out on July 6th the temperature was 96° F, over 10° F hotter than at home.

Those New Englanders were suffering, and quick to say so! I saw many, many slick and zero buzzed heads among the locals...a noticeably larger proportion than I usually see. And since I've been sly for 10 years, I don't think it's because I'm particularly more attuned to noticing chrome domes.
Now if a man loses the hair of his head, he is bald; he is clean.
- Leviticus 13:40

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 06:13:03 PM »
But for Independence Day weekend we went to Boston, where it was actually hotter than it was at the same time at my home in Northwest Arkansas. When we flew out on July 6th the temperature was 96° F, over 10° F hotter than at home.

I saw many, many slick and zero buzzed heads among the locals...a noticeably larger proportion than I usually see. And since I've been sly for 10 years, I don't think it's because I'm particularly more attuned to noticing chrome domes.

That's funny, we were in Boston on the 4th weekend too.  The walk from the Commons to Bunker Hill at times looked like a Sly parade.  When we started one of the costumed guides said to me, "You've got a great haircut!"  Wife, not smiling! ;D ;D ;D  But I didn't have a hat, and although I'd sunscreened up at the hotel, I bought a hat anyway--the heat convinced me I don't like hats, but the sun was brutal that Saturday so it was on and off.  There were three slys in one group going through the Paul Revere house--we were everywhere, and all weekend. 

Offline Sean25

• Super Sly
  • 2010 sly fantasy football champ!
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2010, 08:19:04 PM »
I agree 100%.  It's because it's so accepted now a days and when men start losing their hair they don't have to be ashamed and try to hide it or buy a rug.  Plus it's fashionable even for men who still have a full head of hair.  Thanks to people like all of you and sites like this where people can come for pointers and other stories like their own.

marty22

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2010, 08:22:03 PM »
even the guys over 40, who 10 years ago, were stuck with an 001 cut, have shaved it off.