Author Topic: Beer Lovers  (Read 60928 times)

Offline texanron

• Sly
Beer Lovers
« on: June 30, 2010, 02:38:36 PM »
I'm not sure if this topic has been addressed before but since its one of my favorite topics I figured we could see what types of beer we all enjoy.
Texas brews I enjoy include Real Ale Firemans 4, St. Arnold's Lawnmower and all things Shiner related.
If I can't find one of them I'll reach for Sam Adams. If it comes down to it I'll settle for a Budweiser. I will not drink a light beer under any circumstance.
Anybody know of any good micro breweries? St.Arnold's is one out of Houston. New Belgium Brewing out of Fort Collins, CO puts out a quality brew as well.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Beer Lovers
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 03:41:10 PM »
All things Abita, particularly Amber and TurboDog.  H/o even Abita can't make lite and beer anything but an oxymoron. When offered light beer, whatever brand, my preference is to take my water straight.

GASlick

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 04:32:19 PM »
FREE is always my beer of choice!  ;D

I usually keep some Yeungling in the fridge though.  I won't do light beer either, except ....... well see above sentence!

I like ESB by Red Hook and recently got turned on to Flat Tire.  Thanks! (you know who you are)  O0

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 05:48:47 PM »
Gotta admit, when I was in New Orleans, I tried Abita and it was very, very good.
Yuengling black & tan is outstanding also.

I like most beers, but am partial to Fat Tire, Sierra Nevada, and Red Hook IPA.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 08:09:38 PM »
I love Guinness.... on draught please. It's not the same out of those "widget cans".

I recently tried Shiner Bock and loved it.

Also... last weekend I tried Dead Guy Chocolate Stout. Outstanding but really a brew for real beer drinkers. Very dark and malty and a nice chocolate after taste. It's now in my "rotation" at my favorite Pub.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 08:33:30 PM »
New belgium brews are my favorite. But since louisiana sucks and i can't get that here, i stick to abita. Amber is good. Golden is good. Not too much on the fruity stuff. Do like a good murphy's stout. And of course guiness!!!

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 09:49:58 PM »
Guinness, Yuengling (though I haven't had it since living in Philly, 12 years ago!), Fat Tire and I love those high alcohol content Belgian brews that come in a wine bottle with a cork!!!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 09:58:46 PM »
New belgium brews are my favorite. But since louisiana sucks and i can't get that here,

Paulie, they sell Chimay in the City, Martin's has it.  As a guy I knew who was from France said, "After some Chimay, She may, but then she may not ;D"

Offline crazy.irish.celt

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 10:12:53 PM »
Let's see... if I just want something with a meal, make it a wheat beer like Hoegaarden or Leinenkugel with a slice of lemon. Drinkability with lots of flavor.  For extended bar time, draft Guiness is superb.  If I just want to get hammered, Steel Reserve is the way to go followed closely by PBR (if I'm broke or feel like stretching the evening out a little).  Sam Adam's Octoberfest is pretty damn good, but not always available.  Coors Light for beer pong.  

Nastiest beer ever (IMO) is Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout.  

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 10:48:17 PM »
I have to agree with GAslick - free is always a good choice.  I am not a beer snob, but I have to agree that Shiner Bock rocks - for those of you who aren't familiar with it, it's a Texas beer.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 11:54:11 PM »
To be honest I've never had beer (I'll be 21 in July) but Ive had plenty of wine. We have a few good breweries/distilleries in the area though like Couer d Alene brewery, Dry Fly, and a bunch of others. Washingtons wine region is growing too but some say its too 'snobbish'.  In a couple-few weeks I'll report back on Washington/Idaho beers.

Offline johnnybebald

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 03:44:08 AM »
FREE is always my beer of choice!  ;D

what a coincidence! it's also my favorite choice!!! hahaha!
but seriously...PABST BLUE RIBBON! NEW CASTLE BROWN ALE!!! GUINNESS!!! AND FOR SOME REASON, TECATE AND ST. PAULIE GIRL FROM TIME TO TIME!!!   `Dr!n# b!3r $#*t B@^  LIGHT BEER SUCKS!!!

Offline johnnybebald

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 03:47:47 AM »
oh and i forgot...BLUE MOON IS PRETTY GOOD AS WELL

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2010, 05:11:15 AM »
I can't believe that two of you guys actually mentioned Pabst Blue Ribbon. That stuff was crap 30 years ago and I'm betting, because I won't dare taste it (flashbacks you know), that it's still crap!! :*))
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2010, 09:10:31 AM »
Rolling Rock - -for years  - - - -when I drink beer  - - -I am a Bombay Saphire man most of the time though - - -love  a good martini 

Enter your email address: