Author Topic: Mostley Good  (Read 2463 times)

Offline Lucky13

• Learning the way of Sly
Mostley Good
« on: March 29, 2007, 08:31:49 PM »
The very first time I shaved my head I had about a 7 inch long goatee. Without thinking about how that may have looked I ran into my sister at a local grocery store, and she almost screamed in terror when she seen me. Her exact words were..."Oh my god you look like a skinhead!!!" When I got home and looked in the mirror I decided she was right and trimmed up the goat to a reasonable length. Ive been living in South West Georgia for the last 5 years and its been real cool down here, no one has ever questioned my bald head nor made fun of it really. Most ladies after they get to know me like to rub on it alot, which I dont really mind, as much as my wife does.  :D Im pretty heavily tattooed from the neck down so Im thinking most people either think Im sort of freakish or just an aging hippie. The latter is closer to the truth. Ill be leaving here in about 2 weeks to go back home to the Midwest, Im kind of anxious to see what sort of reactions I get back home, cause it is quite a big culture differance tween here and there. On a side note...When I first got down here and met with my job recruiter, he came right out and asked me 2 questions that really kind of got under my skin. The first thing out of his mouth was What do your tattoos mean? They are all native american themed. The second question he asked me was do you have any problems with black people? Nothing about my bald head just about my tattoos and if I had problems with black people. It aggrivated me then and I still think about it now 5 years later. People can be so simple minded sometimes.

**13**

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
Re: Mostley Good
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 11:03:35 PM »
I know what you mean, once, during a job interview, I was asked if I would have a problem working under a black manager. I was very offended by the gesture.