Author Topic: Man, It's hard to grow a goatee. I need help!  (Read 17509 times)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Man, It's hard to grow a goatee. I need help!
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2010, 08:35:12 PM »
Remember, it's about 20 minutes to sly, but it takes three months, yes three months, to see what you're capable of regarding face fur.  Three months! 

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2010, 08:36:24 PM »
Yeah BB, 30 90 day rule applies for face hair.  You have to give it a chance.  The first few weeks that I grew mine out, I just let it go and let it do whatever.  After that time, I could see that the sides and the front just weren't going to connect.  It just looked too scragly; so I opted for the goatee and life was good (until the friggen job fair clean shave look fiasco :Xo!).
But I'm growing back.  :) Patience.  Think calm thoughts... cool, blue seas...! ;)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2010, 09:30:03 PM »
Bear in mind that even though it might take three months to see the final product, it can look somewhat decent well before that.  Once you get past the first week or so it will still be stubbly but at least you can see the progress.  The hardest part is just getting through the initial scruffy stage during the first 1-2 weeks.

BaldBradley

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2010, 09:44:34 PM »
Bear in mind that even though it might take three months to see the final product, it can look somewhat decent well before that.  Once you get past the first week or so it will still be stubbly but at least you can see the progress.  The hardest part is just getting through the initial scruffy stage during the first 1-2 weeks.

Wow 3 months is a long time! I think once I get a full beard going it'll be easier. Razor X you are so right, the first two weeks are tough. I don't think I've ever gone more than two weeks. As soon as the itching starts is when I shave. Well I'm 1/18th of the way done, wish me luck.

Offline YohaiM

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2010, 11:18:47 PM »
Why do you wish you could shave off your goatee? It looks good. Is it itching you?

BaldBradley,you look great without a goatee,so it doesn't matter.
As opposed to you,I look terrible without one,and I wish I could shave it off.......

Just because I would love to have a baby face,like Bradley.
I think it looks good.
I don't like hair,but I just can't go without the goatee.
It doesn't itch,but it requires grooming,and I hate using machines to shorten it,when it becomes a goat's goatee......
If you can't beat them,Shave them.....

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2010, 05:29:36 PM »
Yeah, I had to find a comb to keep mine straight looking  :*))  and I threw all that stuff out years ago!  :*))  I found one of my wife's combs that has real wide teeth.  It sort of does the job.  O0
Now I just have to grow the goatee out again  :Xo! hurry up  :Xo!   O:O