Author Topic: Man, It's hard to grow a goatee. I need help!  (Read 17511 times)

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
Re: Man, It's hard to grow a goatee. I need help!
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 09:15:43 PM »
http://img687.imageshack.us/f/picture015gy.jpg

It seems like they're not connecting all around on the sides.  Is there anything I can do about that?  I want to grow it in fully.
looks good the way it is imo
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

BaldBradley

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2010, 11:50:46 PM »
I can't grow a good goatee either, I can do the chin part and the mustache part well, but everywhere else looks bad. It's a shame, I've always wanted a goatee  :-\

This was me after about 9 days-
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 11:57:52 PM by BaldBradley »

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2010, 08:54:30 AM »
I have a friend who believes in using a Sharpee... (this is not a joke)

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2010, 09:03:59 AM »
1. It looks fine to me the way it is. Looks nice and neat and trimmed.

but

2. If you don't like the fact that the stache doesn't connect to the beard, just keep the beard part. That's what I do because although my mustache does connect I look diabolical with a mustache and so always keep the stache shaved.
A sword unto Gideon and unto God

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2010, 10:52:58 AM »
I can't grow a good goatee either, I can do the chin part and the mustache part well, but everywhere else looks bad. It's a shame, I've always wanted a goatee  :-\

Nine days--BB it's going to be 30 days before anything can be decided, 30 not 9, and probably 3 months, yes months, until you begin to see what your current beard will do and six months until it's mature.  As you get older it will probably improve, but for right now just let it grow and don't worry about it at all until 30 days, and don't think about shaving or massive trimming until 3 months.  Beards require time and patience--if you haven't had serious itching you don't have a beard experience!

BaldBradley

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2010, 05:20:09 PM »
I can't grow a good goatee either, I can do the chin part and the mustache part well, but everywhere else looks bad. It's a shame, I've always wanted a goatee  :-\

Nine days--BB it's going to be 30 days before anything can be decided, 30 not 9, and probably 3 months, yes months, until you begin to see what your current beard will do and six months until it's mature.  As you get older it will probably improve, but for right now just let it grow and don't worry about it at all until 30 days, and don't think about shaving or massive trimming until 3 months.  Beards require time and patience--if you haven't had serious itching you don't have a beard experience!

I'm going to try and go without shaving for awhile, the itch is what usually makes me give in and shave it all off. Also I can't seem to get used to the feeling of my beard rubbing up against my pillow.

I wish I would grow hair on the sides of my mouth, that way people would know I'm trying to grow a goatee. A mustache and chin patch just looks weird lol

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 08:17:36 PM »
I don't have enough hair in the right places so do my best to blend and deceive!  I doubt I'm fooling anyone. :*))
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 08:19:10 PM by Sgt. Pate »

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

BaldBradley

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2010, 08:52:15 PM »
I don't have enough hair in the right places so do my best to blend and deceive!  I doubt I'm fooling anyone. :*))

Really? Your goatee looks good.

Offline YohaiM

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2010, 10:19:49 PM »
BaldBradley,you look great without a goatee,so it doesn't matter.
As opposed to you,I look terrible without one,and I wish I could shave it off.......
If you can't beat them,Shave them.....

BaldBradley

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2010, 10:41:35 PM »
As opposed to you,I look terrible without one,and I wish I could shave it off.......

Thanks buddy. I've always wanted a goatee, but I think it would look weird on me because I am younger.

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2010, 07:39:59 AM »

I grew a goatee for senior prom. I was in the bathroom and this guy says to me "Hey. I think you missed a spot shaving" It will come.

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2010, 07:45:14 AM »
Why do you wish you could shave off your goatee? It looks good. Is it itching you?

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2010, 05:53:44 PM »
I don't have enough hair in the right places so do my best to blend and deceive!  I doubt I'm fooling anyone. :*))

Really? Your goatee looks good.

COOL!  It 's working!  ;D

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

BaldBradley

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2010, 06:25:56 PM »
Why do you wish you could shave off your goatee? It looks good. Is it itching you?

It wasn't full enough, and I felt like the dude from V For Vendetta. I only had it for like 3 minutes before I took that picture.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2010, 07:45:22 PM »

It wasn't full enough, and I felt like the dude from V For Vendetta. I only had it for like 3 minutes before I took that picture.

Patience.  It's hard to persevere through the early scruffy stages, but the end result is well worth it.