Author Topic: A Damper On Team U.S.A  (Read 3683 times)

Offline knicks703

• Sly Guy in Training
A Damper On Team U.S.A
« on: June 26, 2010, 01:57:40 AM »
Landon Donovan admitted to using Propecia!

http://baldingisbeautiful.wordpress.com/2010/06/15/landon-donovan/

Like that guy said, not wonder has been having marital problems. The propecia is probably giving him erectile dysfunction. I just lost a lot of respect for Landon.

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
Re: A Damper On Team U.S.A
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 04:35:28 AM »
We all make mistakes ... But as an athlete, he's always under medical supervision. You would think there had to be a doctor who'd give him good advice.

... he reached his hair prime several years ago ...
Me too. ;D

« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 05:04:09 AM by The Noggin »
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 08:10:12 AM »
Let's see, we have pills to help hair grow, pills ("little blue friend") to make your manliness "grow" O0 :*)), pills for...
when will the pill makers get to the root cause...?!  :Xo!

Offline jr1979

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 06:33:34 AM »
Until recently Propecia was actually banned in sport. They've only just lifted the restriction in the last year or so after a few soccer players were caught out, usually embarrassingly being forced to admit they used it to save their hair, rather than for performance enhancing reasons.

Offline BigRon

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 11:19:05 AM »
If you don't get the side effects, I don't see any problem using propecia...

People in here talking about losing respect for him, or how embaressing it is to be caught using propecia? why???

I don't use it... I chose not to, and am going to go sly.  But if I had noticed my hairloss at age 18 I probably would have at least tried it to see if it would work well for me without the side effects that same people experience.

Embaressing is when someone with almost no hair holds onto it, afraid to go sly.  Embaressing is the combover, bald w/ a pony tail, hair so thin up front you can count each hair on your two hands, but the person still refuses to shave.

Taking propecia in an attempt to keep your head of hair is not embaressing.  Landon donovan looks fine.  He has a receding hairline, but it looks good on him, I wish I had at least tried propecia before my hair had thinned out as much as it has.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 11:32:17 AM »

The only problem with that idea is that you probably won't know the damage or side effects until they're in place, and you'll only know the long term effects--after you've discontinued the drug when you're bald anyway.  So what in God's Green Earth is the benefit to risking problems for something that really isn't a problem.  Drugs are for physical ailments, mpb is only a genetic trait and shouldn't be treated by a doctor or the guy as a disease would be treated.  For the doctor who's oath states, "first do no harm" I personally consider the prescription of such drugs wrong, just plain wrong. 

Offline BigRon

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 02:36:09 PM »

The only problem with that idea is that you probably won't know the damage or side effects until they're in place, and you'll only know the long term effects--after you've discontinued the drug when you're bald anyway.  So what in God's Green Earth is the benefit to risking problems for something that really isn't a problem.  Drugs are for physical ailments, mpb is only a genetic trait and shouldn't be treated by a doctor or the guy as a disease would be treated.  For the doctor who's oath states, "first do no harm" I personally consider the prescription of such drugs wrong, just plain wrong. 
Ok fair enough.  I don't really know enough about the drug to argue 1 way or another.  It sounds like you know a bit more about it than me, but I was under the impression that most side effects were rare, and they went away after the drug was discontinued by the user. 

I know you guys on this site are confident about being sly, and I think it's awesome.  I'm just saying that most men would take a 1% chance at some bad side effects to keep their full head of hair for an extra 10-20 years. 

What are some of the real dangers of propecia that you seem concerned about, since my google searches clearly have only come up with the ones that the company wanted me to find probably =)

I agree though messing with your hormones/body over something like hairloss is pretty ridiculous, but people do all kinds of crazy stuff these days.  Breast implants aren't exactly risk free.  Nose jobs, etc. etc.  Not to mention Tanning.  Skin Cancer is ridiculously common these days, and tanning beds are the best damn way to get it

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 03:01:39 PM »
I think the pills a waste, your taking chemicals to stop your body from doing something its geneticly programmed to do. So its guna be a battle till the day you die which one is stronger, and as soon as you stop takin the pill your bodys gonna pick up right where it left off. I think if theres ever a magic cure I'll pry signup, but not till they figure out the risks of it first. I'd rather be sly for my life than be f'd up physically.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Enter your email address: