Author Topic: Do I know you?  (Read 1598 times)

Offline Mrnemo

• Sly Jr.
Do I know you?
« on: June 06, 2010, 07:25:25 PM »
Hey guys I have been shaving my head for about a couple of weeks. I walk into the dentist where I go frequently unfortunatley to deal with teeth problems. I have been going there awhile and my sister is friends with three of the girls and they know me and are always very friendly. I walked in friday waved at one and she looked at me  funny and kept walking. The other one didn't stop either. Went into the bar to meet two friends same reaction. Thinking I can start dating some old girlfriends again ;D. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this phenomenon.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Do I know you?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 08:04:03 PM »
Most people who only knew me in my pre-sly life fail to recognize me.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 05:42:01 PM »
It happened to me only once, but that was with someone who hadnt seen me for about six years! 8)

Offline timetobeme

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 09:26:41 PM »
As someone who went from a full head of someone else's hair  ;) to sly I have been getting a lot of that lately...and to be honest I am enjoying it  :*))

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 02:28:07 AM »
Went from hair down to the shoulderblades one day to slick and sly the next. One woman that saw me every day said "something's different about you.....did you lose weight?"
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 04:05:34 AM »
Sad to say, I waited so long no one didn't recognize me.  The hazards of hanging on to a combover, or even letting one get started >:(.  Damn, that might have been fun.

usmcpelon

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 06:16:49 AM »
Going from a high & tight horseshoe flatop to complete bald head really didn't make any difference to me.  Peopl have not notice that I have completely shaved my head.  Its business as usual for me, its as if I had a shaved head all my like.  Not one member of my family has ever mentioned the fact that I am completely bald.  Funny.