Author Topic: centre of attention  (Read 2546 times)

revived

centre of attention
« on: June 02, 2010, 04:41:54 AM »
This morning i got to class a little early and walked in. My tutor asked me if my head was getting cold with this winter. I said yea it does but I get used to it. Then he said "so talk me thru this, did you just wake up one morning and decide you didn't want hair?" - i said "yea, that and nature had already decided for me"

He then went on to say how he thought so but because it was always short he wasn't sure. By this stage some more of the class came in and we were still talking about it. The girl next to me started rubbing my head and my mates we having a good laugh - and so was I O0. The tutor then told me he has always said to himself if he ever go's bald he will embrace it and shave it after seeing me pull it off. I said I always said that too, but that was before I actually started balding - then it was a different story, but I was glad I finally did it.

A few months ago if this had happened I would've gone into a shell and wouldn't have enjoyed my head getting so much attention. Sticking to the 30 day rule and then some has helped me embrace the sly look and I really enjoyed the whole convo this morning. I was confident in talking about it and that was key.

In the past I would've been replaying the convo in my head for the next hour, but today I just moved on (just like everyone else)

So everyone! stick to the 30 day rule and you will be sweet!! I really love this look now!!

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: centre of attention
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 05:43:18 AM »
Great testimony to the Power of Sly, Regi! Thanks for sharing your experience.  O0
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 08:54:47 AM »
Great story Regi.    Head rubs are a definite benefit of being sly :-)   You don't see many girls rubbing the heads of guys who have receding hair!

BALDANDRE

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 08:56:28 AM »
Yep..great story bro..I bet he'll shave his this summer..inspired by you !!!!

GASlick

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 11:15:40 AM »
Great story!

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 03:59:43 AM »
Great story man!  O0 I know what you mean about replaying in your head. For about the last 9 months the only thing thats been on my mind is hairloss. It's great to finally be confident with it and move on with life.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

revived

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 09:06:40 AM »
you hit the nail on the head, kenny. So good to just move on and get back to being myself again and not worrying about what my hair looked like!

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 08:51:03 AM »
Great post Regi!  Good you have the confidence to be you!
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 09:38:28 AM »
Awesome event Regi!  I'm sure you'll have many more awesome encounters in the future. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.