Author Topic: Overseas Education. Seeking advice !!!  (Read 924 times)

Offline ike_69

• Sly Guy in Training
Overseas Education. Seeking advice !!!
« on: June 02, 2010, 02:31:24 AM »
hey guys,

I wanted to ask all of u for help and suggestions regarding something important.

Im in my final year of College doing Bachelors in Economics.

I hold an Indian Passport and for my MBA i intend going abroad sometime next year.

One of the main reason i wanna leave this place is because of the HOT CLIMATE !!
Im FED UP !!!  the normal temperature here ranges between 30-44* Degrees !
Summer is for nearly 11 months here !! I jus wanna run away somewhere !!
Its like a FURNACE !!

The countries i have in mind are :

Uk, Canada, Norway, NZ...

I have not mentioned USA because i have relatives there who i really don't like and do not wish to stay with them.
I wish to go on my own and do things without their help.
Plus with the terrorism scene going on, my parents are sceptical.

I intend to work in the country for a while after my Post Graduation; and if it really beautiful i wouldn't mind settling down there  :)  :)

Can anyone suggest me some good country where i can study and settle down for a while?

In terms of  Universities, reasonable cost of living, Welcoming people, climate, FINDING WORK after studies, good pay and the like?

My main concern is whether a non-citizen will be able to find appropriate work ??

Please help me in taking the right decision as im the only son and its my duty to provide for my family after my studies.

Suggestions to any other country too are welcome :)

Thanks in advance !! :)

Offline InProgress

• Sly Jr.
Re: Overseas Education. Seeking advice !!!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 09:05:01 AM »
The US is a big country... there are probably a lot of options for business schools that are 1000+ miles away from your relatives.

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
Re: Overseas Education. Seeking advice !!!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 09:48:55 AM »
The US is a big country... there are probably a lot of options for business schools that are 1000+ miles away from your relatives.

He speaks the truth.  Pick one on the opposite side of the country.  I think a four day drive will discourage them from coming to see you.   ;D  I think California or Florida would be a nice change from the hot and there are some good schools there. Any where else and I will guarantee that you will freeze!  I would think UK out of the choices you gave though.  All of the choices you gave except maybe New Zealand have harsh winters.  I'm not sure where you are now, but you will want to go running back home once you get to hang out in Canada in the winter time.  (*!@

Enter your email address: