Author Topic: Wheres the bald guys at?  (Read 4249 times)

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
Wheres the bald guys at?
« on: June 01, 2010, 08:27:15 PM »
I undertsand from going online that people can start going bald at age 15 and most complain about it when there in there 20's. How come when I walk around walmart i never see any of these people? On other online forums it makes it sound like theres tons of em, but when I go to walmart or someplace it seems like I'm the only one.

The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline InProgress

• Sly Jr.
Re: Wheres the bald guys at?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 08:35:15 PM »
I'm in college and i know a handful of people who are significantly balding. It's not that many. I can think of maybe 5-6 off hand, between college and high school. I knew two guys who had lost a lot of hair before graduating high school. And there are usually a few who have seriously receding hairlines by the end of college. But it's not *that* many, and a lot of them deal with the bald vertex or receding hairlines without shaving it.

I only know two guys in their early 20s, one from high school and one from college, who shave their heads due to early baldness.

So overall, i haven't really found it to be that many. But i know dozens of people who are experiencing some hair loss by 22, whether it's thinning, a receding hair line, or more obvious mpb.

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 02:18:58 PM »
Maybe they're hiding under "Bieber hair"? ???
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline DrewH

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 04:25:44 PM »
I often wondered this myself, not even considering how I was always hiding it myself under a hat.

Which is the answer to the question... they hide it.

I didn't step outside of my front door without my hat for about 5 years.  Most of my friends from college never even knew me without my hat.  One of the first comments I got post-sly was "where's your hat?", which amused me greatly.
Sly since May 21, 2010!

Polarbear

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 05:18:31 PM »
On online forums the whole world gathers or at least the country that you are from. There may be 1000 active members on a forum with as many as 100 guys that are 20 years of age or less and balding.

So, compare this number with the total inhabitants of your country and there is the answer. Or is the online forum a forum for your local wal mart, in that case I wouldn't know

Offline Sean25

• Super Sly
  • 2010 sly fantasy football champ!
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 05:25:53 PM »
You gotta stop going to Walmart so much

usmcpelon

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 04:50:48 AM »
That is not a question that me and my girlfriend wonder about, because we see so many bald buy around town that we started a count.  And we do make sure we haven't seen that bald guy before.  Being a city of just under 150 thousand, we have so far counted 137.  We see them at the bank, groceries store, gas stations, parking lot, doctors office, parked right next to us on a red light, restaurante, car shop, bakery, work, dentist, highway, police station, park, movies, mall, bank drive up window, Stripes, carwash, dollar store, post office, gardner, ups delivery, auto part store, barbeque sale, and surprisingly alot of bald guys at walmart.  Just this past week I was next to a red truck at the local bank and I kept seeing through the side of my left eye that someone was trying to get my attention, whole and behold it was a bald guy who just wanted to say hello to another bald guy and made a good connection all becuase of our bald head.  Amazing.

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 11:32:57 AM »
I was in line at the bank today and there were 3 of us  who were bald  - one guy I knew, a trooper

I was just on a cruise and about 10% of the wait staff were sly -bald

Where do you live?   I know where I live there is something in the water  which, I am sure, makes guys BALD (I am only kidding)

I live up along the Hudson River about 90 miles from NYC  - - -and there are many many of us BALDIES here

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 11:41:49 AM »
I was in line at the bank today and there were 3 of us  who were bald  - one guy I knew, a trooper

I was just on a cruise and about 10% of the wait staff were sly -bald

Where do you live?   I know where I live there is something in the water  which, I am sure, makes guys BALD (I am only kidding)

I live up along the Hudson River about 90 miles from NYC  - - -and there are many many of us BALDIES here

I live in La Crosse, Wisconsin... well actualy a town of 10,000 right next to it. When I lived back over in Sioux Falls, South Dakota  up until 2 months ago I saw alot more balding men.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline Bald Kahuna

• Team Sly
  • Sly
  • Paddling outrigger w/Princess Kahuna-Maui coast
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 10:14:12 AM »
Aloha Kenny,

Just came across your post and thought I'd share some facts I've read online: there are 40 million bald folk in the U.S. and  approx. 1.4 billion worldwide. Assuming about 310 million U.S. population and that the 40 mil is correct, that yields about 13% of U.S. is bald. Of course, the next question is what degree of baldness and how was it caused, ie voluntarily or not, and other reasons such as medical, etc..
I live in the Sacramento area and went to a Rivercats baseball game on Mon. night-within 15 min. of walking through the gate I saw 8-10 bald(as in Sly) guys. As in my case, many times you'll see a higher than average count based on activities, career, etc., for example; at the gym, motorcycle guys, foodservice employees, professional sports, etc.. Us Sly guys are out there... start counting over a longer period of time at various venues and you'll probably come up with about 13%.

Allen, the bold, Sly bald Kahuna
Bald Kahuna

Enter your email address: