Author Topic: In case you didn't know..  (Read 12831 times)

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
Re: In case you didn't know..
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2007, 07:15:42 PM »
Dude, I back you 100%.  Animal testing is wrong beyond the common concept of morality.  Its more a basic human understanding of Morality.  I mean, anyone who has had a pet in their lives understands that all the creatures of this world want is to either live in peace, or live a existance devoted to service of our own species. 

Yo, Funnel Weaver, I respect you man.  I Meant no disrespect before, just me spouting off... Hit me up with some info bro  O0.  Animal cruelty should not exist in a modern progressive society, I don't see any way towards ethical justification of Animal Cruelty.   
Peace

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2007, 08:03:51 PM »
well i sure thank you for not trying to preach to us about it...i have nothing against vegans...or animal rights activists...but the moment they try to tell me how to live my life is when my views of them change...good luck in your quest... O0
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2007, 09:43:05 PM »
well i sure thank you for not trying to preach to us about it...i have nothing against vegans...or animal rights activists...but the moment they try to tell me how to live my life is when my views of them change...good luck in your quest... O0

Kajun, well stated.
Freedom of personal choice and respect of others choices are big in the book of Schro.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2007, 10:26:15 PM »
I mentioned earlier in this thread that Gillette tests their products on animals, and I must correct this. They are currently observing a hold on animal testing. They said they wouldn't test on animals for 16 months, but that was several years ago. They have yet to sign the paperwork with PETA stating that they will never test on animals again, so they may again resume in the future. I was relieved to read that because sensor excel blades are BY FAR my favorite and I love the way my Fusion shaves my face. I'll just have to keep a watchful eye on that case, because if they should decide to resume testing, I'll have no choice but to stop supporting them.

jusbnme

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2007, 04:44:30 AM »
I appreciate that. I want to dedicate the rest of my life being the voice of the voiceless. I love animals, always have, and I think they need to be treated fairly, and right now that just isn't happening. If anyone else is interested in animal testing, please contact me, you would be amazed at some of the companies that test their products on animals.. and exactly what these test are in detail. It will make you think twice before you buy certain products.

Also, I know everyone has their own opinion, and I will NEVER mock anyone for what they feel is right, nor will I ever try to push my beliefs on anyone. That's why I say contact me if you would like to know more, because I don't want people to feel that I am trying to shove my beliefs down their throat. My main goal is to put a STOP to animal testing. It's cruel and useless.

I respect your beliefs bro and I think it's good to be a part of a good cause.  O0  Good for you man.  I'm not into animal rights or anything like that but at the same time I do like animals and definitely feel they shouldn't be mistreated.  So I definitely would like some of that info you have on the different companies so that way I can make sure I don't support their abuse towards animals.  Let me get some of that info, or at least a list of companies.  Thanks. 

Maybe even start a new thread under general topics and list them there.  However bro.  O0
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 06:05:21 PM by Lance »

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2007, 05:49:18 PM »
I mentioned earlier in this thread that Gillette tests their products on animals, and I must correct this. They are currently observing a hold on animal testing. They said they wouldn't test on animals for 16 months, but that was several years ago. They have yet to sign the paperwork with PETA stating that they will never test on animals again, so they may again resume in the future. I was relieved to read that because sensor excel blades are BY FAR my favorite and I love the way my Fusion shaves my face. I'll just have to keep a watchful eye on that case, because if they should decide to resume testing, I'll have no choice but to stop supporting them.
That again has become a Positive for the HB Blades compared to the Alternative, Knowledge that the company as a whole is Ethical toward there testing is definately reasuring come shave time.  I don't want a side of Guilt to go with my shave  :o not good, not good
Peace

Offline CatchWrestler101

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2007, 11:42:48 PM »
Excellent! I am always up for saving the animals as much as possible, unless I am eating it.......
I agree!

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2007, 05:12:03 AM »
 O0 To all my bald brothers: Happy and blessed Easter. To Noner: Buona Pasqua. Funnelweaver and Kori: you're not alone. I have not eaten meat of any kind since 1970--long before you were born, I suspect. But I am not a fanatic; I eat fish and eggs, occasionally wear wool and leather; and avoid products that abuse animals. Saint Francis of Assisi taught me that when I was a child. Glad to know about Headblade; I'd expect nothing less of Todd Greene. A lot of blood and hatred flowed in the 20th century. On this morning, still thinking of Calvary and the tomb, I'd like to think we've learnt something in the last 2000 years. Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth