Author Topic: Strange Reaction from a Cabbie  (Read 4300 times)

Offline JD

• Learning the way of Sly
Strange Reaction from a Cabbie
« on: March 26, 2007, 12:55:15 AM »
  Had kind of a strange reaction this weekend while the g/f and I were out on the town.  We hit a couple local pubs and at the end of the night I called a cab for us.  Took about 10 minutes for the cab to arrive and when we went to get in them Muslim gent looked at me and yelled NO NO NO...YOU NO GET IN with a very fearful expression on his face.  I just looked at my g/f in shock and said, "what the hell" and closed the door and he promptly bolted off.   :/O  I called the cab service and asked what the hell happened, and the dispatcher stated it was a non-pickup and sent another cab to which there was no problem lol.  I'm a pretty big guy at 6'4 250lbs so all we can think is my new look is intimidating or the poor fella has had a bad experience with a look alike.  Oh well hope this isn't a sign of things to come for my new look  :x!

There are two kinds of people I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.

--Nigel Powers

jusbnme

Re: Strange Reaction from a Cabbie
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 06:56:22 AM »
Sorry to hear about that experience bro.  Too bad we have such ignorant people in the world.  But sport the sly look with pride.   O0  Also, welcome aboard JD. 

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 07:06:36 AM »
I have to agree with Lance, JD. Ignore the ignorance of others.

Welcome to SBG by the way
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 10:03:09 AM »
Man, that was not a good experience JD, and shouldn't be typical of reactions to your slyness.  But perhaps it wasn't you at all, but as you said a bad experience from someone else.  From your description is sounded as though the guy was was not a native.  With all the irrational fear and hate of someone just because they are not native born, perhaps he was prejudiced against in some way and that led to his reaction.  It's a shame his fear got the better of him, he no doubt would have had a positive experience from you and the g/f.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 12:25:37 PM »
yes, welcome aboard. Also, that is definitely NOT a typical response, actually I'm a lil stunned, yet cabbie's are a different breed anyways. I agree with the other SBG bro's  sport your beautiful pate w/ pride of being free of bad hair days, the great feel of anyone rubbing your head, no more hair cut costs w/ tips, etc etc    O0  ;)  All my best, ~Yeti
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline JD

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 09:07:16 PM »
yes, welcome aboard. Also, that is definitely NOT a typical response, actually I'm a lil stunned, yet cabbie's are a different breed anyways. I agree with the other SBG bro's  sport your beautiful pate w/ pride of being free of bad hair days, the great feel of anyone rubbing your head, no more hair cut costs w/ tips, etc etc    O0  ;)  All my best, ~Yeti

Agreed, and I won't let one bad experience upset me too much and the pros negate the cons anyday.  Nothing like spending literally 2-3 minutes in the bathroom grooming compared to the usuall 10-15.  Those minutes add up in the long run lol.
There are two kinds of people I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.

--Nigel Powers

jusbnme

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 06:47:45 AM »
Hey JD bro, you look very familiar.  I can't put my finger on it but I know I have seen you before.   ;D :D ;D

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 06:49:39 AM »
Hey JD bro, you look very familiar.  I can't put my finger on it but I know I have seen you before.   ;D :D ;D

I was just thinkin the same thing, weird........ :/O :px
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 10:00:57 AM »
it might not have been because you were bald....if you were out on the town drinking that would be a more probable cause..muslims dont like alcohol or people that drink it....and of course if you looked drunk..some cabbies dont like to bring drunks home cuz they puke in their cabs..
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!