Author Topic: Whatcha think?  (Read 5777 times)

Offline fencer

• Sly Jr.
Whatcha think?
« on: May 21, 2010, 07:58:42 PM »
Guys, I want your opinions on this; I have had the goatee for several years now, and I may be ready for something new. I can't grow a full beard :x! so, what else can I try? Clean shaven, Horseshoe (although Village People cop comes to mind) or soul patch? I should mention, though, the wife :@` likes the goat. Maybe I should just let it grow a little? If I had my way, the beard of the SaintC would be my choice! Any thoughts?

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
Re: Whatcha think?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 10:05:53 PM »
LOL you are in the same boat as me.  Mine says she'll divorce me if I shave the goat.  If I had my way, I would do the soul patch or just chin hair without the mustache.   But she doesn't ask a lot and is supportive of my slick noggin, so I keep mine the way it is.  I did grow it out about 5 inches last summer, but my chin hair is really wavy and it looked wack.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 10:11:36 PM »
That's the problem with mine. if I let it get any longer than in my photo at left, it starts doing weird Castro things.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 10:21:07 PM »
Guys, I want your opinions on this; I have had the goatee for several years now, and I may be ready for something new. I can't grow a full beard :x! so, what else can I try? Clean shaven, Horseshoe (although Village People cop comes to mind) or soul patch? I should mention, though, the wife :@` likes the goat. Maybe I should just let it grow a little? If I had my way, the beard of the SaintC would be my choice! Any thoughts?

I think it looks fine the way it is.

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 10:48:50 PM »
^^^^ I'm with Razor on this one. You look great just the way you are, mate. The goat works nicely. If you want a change, I'd opt for growing out the goat for a bit. I do that maybe once a year to get my inner convict on. Then, once I've scared the bejessus out of enough gentle souls, it's a simple matter of a quick trim to go back to the regular good-guy goat.

>:D
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 11:23:13 PM »
I'd try growing it out a little and see how you like that!  O0

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 03:03:28 AM »
I'm not a big fan of the "soul patch"--too much work at trimming and not much bang.  Since you have some density issues on the sides, why not let it grow out a bit as a matter of length and while your at it allow it to become a little larger in terms of dimensions on your face.  The issue with beard change, as compared to sly, is that a  beard change can take up to three months to show what it is going to be--sly, that's just a few minutes from mpb or even bbc to fully sly & smooth.  A beard is the result of patience.

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 07:53:53 AM »
Fencer, imoh, I'm with the other guys--a larger profile goat would look great.
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 03:55:17 PM »
I don't look good with goatee, but you certainly do.  Keep it and keep the wife happy  :@`

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2010, 06:09:19 PM »
yeah: it looks great the way it is...or try it bigger for a while... 8)

marty22

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 07:55:27 PM »
keep the go-t.

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 08:44:50 PM »
Fencer, OK, it's been a few weeks since you posted the question, so...whatcha ya gonna do?  ??? Anything?  Nothing?  Nothing is something. :/O  So???  
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 08:57:57 PM by Nonick »

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2010, 04:46:20 AM »
try a longer goat, im working on a full beard myself to see if my face is capable to produce it.
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline Bald Kahuna

• Team Sly
  • Sly
  • Paddling outrigger w/Princess Kahuna-Maui coast
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2010, 09:43:10 AM »
Aloha Fencer,

I'm with the rest of the guys-stay as is but a little further-I guess I say that because that's the way mine is!
Bald Kahuna

Offline BaldWriterBob

• Super Sly
  • Pastor, Author, Musician
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2010, 02:18:17 PM »
Keep it and grow a little larger would be my suggestion.