Author Topic: A great way to exercise and make a difference!  (Read 1230 times)

Offline foodfor4

• Sly Jr.
A great way to exercise and make a difference!
« on: May 19, 2010, 02:55:33 PM »
     Hi guys, I would like to tell you all about a way to exercise, make a difference for the community and feel great doing it. I decided to do the NY AIDS walk this year in memory of my uncle of the same name and a family friend who died of AIDS. This is an important cause and I was very happy to walk the 6.2 miles (mostly up hill) for the cause. I wanted to be in better shape, especailly since I am constantly working towards a healthier lifestyle and took a walk everyday that ranged from 2 to 5 miles. I plan to continue to walk at least 2 miles a day. I raised $270 and had a great time.
     So I urge you all to do a walk for a cause that you believe in. You will have a great time, get in shape, and feel great! We had a great opening and ending ceremony with many guest spoeakers and performances. Go ahead and do it and you'll be so glad that you did. I can't wait to walk again next year and my goal is to raise $500!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: A great way to exercise and make a difference!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 03:43:50 PM »
Great advice!  We're getting ready to do an Autism Awareness Walk with our friends who just found out that their son has Autism. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Enter your email address: