Author Topic: NICKS  (Read 2995 times)

Baldgoal

NICKS
« on: May 18, 2010, 09:00:26 AM »
I have been shaving since 04/02/2010.  I use Edge Gel and a Mach 3.  Shave after a shower.  Go slow use Witch Hazel after and I keep getting these dam NICKS.  They are driving me crazy.

What can I do to avoid the nicks, or is there somthing I can use to help them heal.

Any advice would be great.

JIM
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 09:17:58 AM by Baldgoal »

MikeInPdx

Re: NICKS
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 09:45:50 AM »
Jim....how much pressure are you using? The mach, fusion, and headblade all need a very light touch.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 09:51:17 AM »
I rarely nick myself. I would recommend trying a different razor so you can see if you get better results.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 10:39:43 AM »
The Gillette Fusion is a most forgiving razor.

Offline TGB1

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 11:45:47 AM »
They only times I nick/cut myself is when I am in to much of a hurry to pay attention. As I have gotten older those incidents have become less frequent.
.....the quiet brightness of the city disconcerts. Somewhere malfeasance percolates. There is work to be done.

Offline Xanwolf1337

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 04:42:46 PM »
Like the others said, it could be the razor. I nicked myself on the top awhile back but it just does'nt seem to heal, however i find that when shaving that part i go over it very lightly and it still shaves smooth.

It could also be the way you are holding the shaver, as i tend to catch myself just above the ears in the awkward spot as i have to angle the razor to shave correctly between the gap.

I'd probably go for a shaver with 4 blades or as the others said the Gillette fusion, im not sure where i read this but isnt there a vitamin e cream or something for the cuts?

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 10:03:01 PM »
I use the Mach3.  I have noticed that since I ditched the canned goo in favor of a brush and cream/soap, I get lest nicks and cuts.  The key is lubrication, not another blade on the cartridge.  You might even want to try a pre-shave oil.  I use olive oil, but most use a less mess oil that you can get at any of the big chain stores or baby oil.  YMMV

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 05:34:36 PM »
Jim, have you tried using HeadBlade HeadSlick?, it's one of the best on the market and does the job well.
Also, be sure to use a fresh blade. Sometimes an older blade will give more drag, and lead you to more passes and more pressure. Watch the angle of the blade as well.

Let us know how things go.   O0

Baldgoal

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 11:15:50 PM »
I have been using an electric for the las couple of days.  I think that by friday I will give the blade a try again.  I will try some baby oil before I shave and see how that works out.

Thanks for the help.

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 12:17:53 PM »
I use Bald Guyz shave gel and it works great.  I use the Fusion on my head and it comes out very smooth.  Shave in the shower.  Been shaving on and off for the past 10 years, but have decided that I shall shave everyday for the rest of my life.   :@`

Bald is Beautiful