Author Topic: Rock the Sly Look ?  (Read 8024 times)

Offline ike_69

• Sly Guy in Training
Rock the Sly Look ?
« on: May 18, 2010, 06:02:25 AM »
Hey everyone !

Hope things are going good with u guys.

Considering the fact that there are lots of senior and experienced members out here, i thought ill ask u guys to help me out on the appearance front.

What kind of clothes do u guys suggest? facial hair options? physique?

Im 5'7 and have sorta tanned complexion.

any suggestions on clothes, apparel, grooming?

Thanks  :)

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
Re: Rock the Sly Look ?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 06:03:22 AM »
Hey everyone !

Hope things are going good with u guys.

Considering the fact that there are lots of senior and experienced members out here, i thought ill ask u guys to help me out on the appearance front.

What kind of clothes do u guys suggest? facial hair options? physique?

Im 5'7 and have sorta tanned complexion.

any suggestions on clothes, apparel, grooming?

Thanks  :)
different styles suit different people. I'm pretty basic and just wear blue jeans and t shirts lol, sometimes i'll wear button up shirts, but just go try on some clothes or something and see what looks best on you
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline ike_69

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 06:07:51 AM »
Oh and yeah i forgot to ask,

does being sly affect your professional life and personal life in any way?

i mean during a job interview or seeking work.

i heard that women dismiss guys the moment they know that hes bald? is it really true?

will it come in the way of socializing with women?

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 06:26:08 AM »
i heard that women dismiss guys the moment they know that hes bald? is it really true?

Only true for the really shallow women...
MikeC

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 07:06:48 AM »
I would not recommend white t-shirts and combat boots with your jeans tucked in them. !p

MikeInPdx

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 09:03:12 AM »

No and no....I was sly for my job interview ten years ago and it's the best job I've had.  And no, women do not dismiss you....most women I've seen are so happy to see a guy be himself, and not go through the combover/rug/plug drug routine that they will find you refreshing. Now, I'm sure there's the shallow one or two out there, but do you really want their company, however pretty they happen to be? :)

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 09:56:24 AM »
Some women will dismiss you.... they all have personal preferences.... but MANY will love your SLY look.
SLY will affect your personal and professional lives because you WILL BE MORE CONFIDENT!!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 02:12:51 PM »

No and no....I was sly for my job interview ten years ago and it's the best job I've had.  And no, women do not dismiss you....most women I've seen are so happy to see a guy be himself, and not go through the combover/rug/plug drug routine that they will find you refreshing. Now, I'm sure there's the shallow one or two out there, but do you really want their company, however pretty they happen to be? :)

+1  I was sly when I interviewed for my current job.  It's the best job I've ever had.  And as far as women go, I have a good one and I'm bald....  And I'm ugly,  so there is hope for anyone  ;D

Polarbear

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 03:59:22 PM »
Ike, don't worry! It does not look unprofessional and most women think it's hot.

Offline Xanwolf1337

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 04:51:57 PM »
There are some things i have that i would not wear now im sly, but i also have things that i think look really cool with the sly look.

I tend to wear jeans alot and with the sly look i just like to wear a plain t shirt/long sleeve shirt. Nothing to draw too much attention, but something to make me look smart...pretty confusing lol. I also have gone down the goatee route, which i really like O0.

Job wise i don't know as i'm a student lol and with the girls i've  had positive comments and im the type of guy who never usually gets compliments ;D.

GASlick

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 11:24:24 AM »
Being in health care  wear scrubs to work.  I must say, I look pretty good! :)

I wear different things all the time from jeans and tshirts to dressy casual and haven't found anything that doesn't look good sly.

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 06:24:38 AM »

it really varies. In the professional life nowadays I don't see why it would affect you. As far as the personal life, some women prefer bald men, some women prefer men with full heads of hair, and some don't care either way. Theres plenty of women that will like you regardless of being bald or not, so I wouldn't worry yourself with such things.
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 01:51:16 AM »
Grow out a sick goatee! As far as clothes, you don't really gotta change anything. When I had shaggy hair I wore alot of skater clothes. Now that I got a shaved head I usually wear a white tee and some jeans.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline Iconic

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 03:45:55 AM »
The man in your avatar pic has a great style, google some fashion pictures of him. He's about your height too. I myself wear the same clothes I wore before sly. However there are some items that I don't like so much anymore. Being bald accentuates my pale complexion, so that black shirts make harsh contrast.

About style, I think it's up to your personal preference. Even combat boots are ok, camouflage I'm not sure.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 05:35:34 AM »
any clothes look good if you feel confident in them. 8)

I wear jeans, T shirts, polo shirts, suits and ties, smart casual...anything goes! O0