Author Topic: feedback  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Philip

• Learning the way of Sly
feedback
« on: May 11, 2010, 07:43:37 PM »
Hey guys!
It's been almost a month since i've buzzed my hair bald and i felt like giving you a little battlefield report  :), so many did i read in here when i was still on the fence.
In a nutshell, so far so good.
My first concern was the reaction i would get from family and friends and all i can say is that it was a non event. Big time. Most people simply did not say anything, just a couple-second gaze, a smile sometimes. My stepfather's kids, whose reaction i was a bit anxious about cause we all know kids can be a little harsh was just "new look? that's shoooooort!". Best reaction was from my best female friend who said "suits you really well, a bit gangsta but i like it" and she ran her soft little hand on my scalp.

Speaking of that, i was a little worried that, being 6"4 and wide, i would appear a bit menacing, and that it would be less easy to casually engage conversations with strangers in everyday life. Then again, facts clearly proved me wrong. I even had a female cab driver pulling over to pick me up as soon as i waved her, at 4 am leaving a nightclub in a kinda risky at night neighborhood, so i guess i still look like a friendly person  8)

I was also concerned about the ladies and their reaction, and that's about the best part! I got plenty of smiles from clerks, bartenders, passerbies, i got actually hit on twice  :) I really came to realize that while losing my hair i was taking the whole thing backwards, with a little music in the back of my head suggesting that my poor hair would act as a deterrent. Complete turnaround as of now, whenever i'm talking to a cute girl i'm in a complete "don't give a sh*t about the outcome" state of mind (you don't like young baldmen, it's your absolute right, no hard feelings/  you like it > give me five!).
It works wonders! As much as a lack of confidence is a complete turn off, it's amazing how projecting confidence attracts attention. I even surprised myself being a bit cocky sometimes. I really love being in complete display with nothing to hide.

Bottom line is, you who are still on the fence, go for it! That's not a plea, that's an order! You may not like the result at first, but the freedom of mind and confidence boost that will ensue is worth ten times the test of the shave/buzz per se. I am no exception to what everyone in here keeps saying: i wish i had done it sooner, or that an ex GF would have ultimatumed my ass with a "be done with your hair or i'll be done with you" ala Brooke Shields with Agassi.

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: feedback
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 07:47:11 PM »
Great testimony to the Power of Sly, Philip. Congratulations and thanks for sharing your experience.  O0
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 12:00:19 AM »
Welcome and a great story!  Another proof case that sly guys get the girls! 

Offline SlyBaldDude

• Sly
    • Standing Out In the Crowd
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 09:45:36 AM »
I still get my mom telling me she wishes I would grow my hair back.  I don't care.  She will never know what its like to feel the wind blowing across her skull ..

Enter your email address: