Author Topic: Sly Head to Head - Scrubs  (Read 2152 times)

Offline baldtribesman

• Sly Jr.
  • R O C K in the USA rockin in the USA
Sly Head to Head - Scrubs
« on: May 04, 2010, 04:32:15 PM »
In this weeks Sly Head to Head I will compare Headblade Headshed with Clean and Clear Deep exfoliating Scrub.

Abrasion factor - Clean and Clear scrub wins hands down for its gentleness compared to Headshed.  It says on the Clean and Clear product that its gentle enough to use every day.  I tried using each product on consecutive days.  All I can say about Headshed in this regard is OOOuch!!  This is a high abrasive product most would agree that using this everyday can put you in the danger zone.  However the Clean and Clear worked like a champ on consecutive days, it was very gentle and instead of ground up walnut shells, you get beads that are not as abrasive.

Coolness factor - Headshed is a chocolate lovers delight but don't expect that cool fresh tingly feeling.  Clean and Clear has this pampering tingly delightful feeling and when the beads start to dissolve you get even more bursts of cool feeling.  Guys the clean and clear is something you can off with in your routine because you end off with that cool refreshing tingly feeling. 

How well does each exfoliate - I would say there is a tie here gentleman both give you a smooth feeling and works great as a prep for your shave. 

As a cleanser Head Shed does not pretend to be a cleanser, but Clean and Clear does double duty being an excellent scrub and giving you a clean feel, so thats another point for Clean and Clear.

The overall winner in this scrub contest is Clean and Clear Scrub. 

Guys if you are too macho to venture into the ladies skin care section have your wife or girlfriend pick this one up for you, do your own comparison between these excellent products and see if you agree.

Sorry Todd don't take it personal!
Fred Man

Stay tuned next week for another installment of Sly Head to Head

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
Re: Sly Head to Head - Scrubs
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 05:14:24 PM »
I have started using St. Ives Apricot Scrub because I have heard a couple of people mention it around here.  It is also a good exfoliate.  Head shed is so dang expensive that I haven't even thought about buying it.

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 05:48:41 PM »
I've been trying a few different exfoliators and the two I have now are great:  Nivea for Men Energizing Face Scrub and Neutrogena Men Razor Defense Daily Face Scrub.  I haven't decided which I like better but they are both among my favorites.
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 07:27:41 AM »
St. Ives for me when I'm in the money, Wally's Equate brand when I'm feeling strapped. Haven't tried the Clean and Clear.

I personally, have no problem shopping in the ladies' section. I don't know that this is a question of machismo for me. I just don't care what the person who sees me on my hands and knees in the ladies' exfoliator section thinks. When they come out with a men's exfoliator named "THE HUGELY MUSCLED AND EXTREMELY WELL ENDOWED MAN'S EXFOLIATING SCRUB" I will definitely buy it. But they better put it in the men's section.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 07:43:09 AM »
Buddha it will be the same scrub in a smaller different bottle for twice the price

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 07:46:45 AM »
Buddha it will be the same scrub in a smaller different bottle for twice the price

As is usually the case with men who publicly proclaim themselves to be well-endowed.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Online Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 12:19:09 PM »
I have started using St. Ives Apricot Scrub because I have heard a couple of people mention it around here.  It is also a good exfoliate.  Head shed is so dang expensive that I haven't even thought about buying it.

My wife always has St. Ives around, so I use it when I run out of HeadShed.  I did find that a bottle of HeadShed lasts about 5 times longer than a bottle of St. Ives.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 07:05:09 PM »
TARGETS version of ST. IVES works for me.Thanks for the comparison.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Magg

• Learning the way of Sly
  • Musician by trade, bald by choice.
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 09:20:21 PM »
I use the HeadShed pretty much everyday as part of my shaving routine and have never had any issue with how abrasive it is.  I use the headshed followed by either headwash or whatever random face wash the fiance has.  I find that these two work great and give a great pre-shave for me.  just my 2 cents
Music will free the people. - Bob Marley