Author Topic: Things I love about being SLY  (Read 31770 times)

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
Re: Things I love about being SLY
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2010, 07:05:28 PM »
Morthen, enjoy your young look!  I got carded at a Burger King recently because I asked for the senior drink and was told I didn't look old enough (minimum age 50), so looking young is a wonderful thing when you get old  and being sly does hide the gray!!  :)  Your chin fuzz does put you in the adult catagory, so don't lose it anytime soon!  8)
haha thanks, im not shaving my chin mitten anytime soon, all the ladies seem to like it so far
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2010, 05:41:38 PM »
1.The daily headshave against the grain and the return to a completely slick bald head each and every morning(including the "four pack" on the back of my bald head and neck! lol)
2. Polishing my head after a good shave with some Afta and a good sunblock to get that blinding glare.
3. That great feeling of being a permanently, completely bald man!  lol  :popo

Offline Mikemc411

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2010, 07:46:04 PM »
Recently discovered a new benefit of being sly....

I met the wife at home for lunch..... :D

When it was time to head back to work ... she commented "At least you don't have to worry about going back to work with your hair messed up !!"

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2010, 05:09:43 AM »
... (including the "four pack" on the back of my bald head and neck! lol) ...
I'd like to see that.  :px
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline Craig Reed

• Sly Jr.
    • A Lit Journey: Motivation From Within
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2010, 01:23:22 PM »
I think this is a perfect thread to ask this question!

What has made you choose to go sly? Is it the obvious or one of the not so obvious reasons? Please share your comments!

Take my poll here - I am working on a paper for school, and think this feedback will help me out!

http://tinyurl.com/27rwpql

Sly til I die!
Check out my blog on balding and weight loss
www.alitjourney.wordpress.com
www.coachcraigreed.com

Offline phigg

• Sly
  • Show me some skin!
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2010, 04:38:25 PM »
I'm not sure I really enjoy shaving, but, I'm glad to be sly because:

A) As stated earlier, I'd rather be bald than balding. No more, "Hey man, you're going bald!" comments.

B) It looks cool.  I happen to like the shape of my melon, and all the funky little ridges and things I didn't really know I had. They tie in well to my face because I have very strong cheekbones.

C) No more cringing because of rain, snow, or water of any kind.  No more cursing the wind for blowing the "wrong" way.

D) No more dropping $80 every two months for a Giant size bottle of Toppik.  And no more worrying if people can see how thin my hair really is on top, or whether I'll leave a mark or stain on a pillow, couch, or car seat if I lean my head back.

E) Finally just reaching the ultimate conclusion of what was inevitable anyway.  I feel much "cleaner", not only literally, but aesthetically too. 

F) Having a sense of control over my head once again. 

G) Giving the big "middle finger" to the hairy toilet seat /horseshoe look.

H) Being told I look good like this! I've heard numerous compliments since going sly. No one said anything when I kept changing my hair around to try and keep it full looking, it probably just got more ridiculous looking.  This look is more natural and suits me.

I)  I actually like the feel of it!  It's neat to feel smooth skin on your noggin!

J) Saves time in the shower, no more shampooing and dreading seeing hair in the drain.

K)  I'll think of something else to add soon, I'm sure..    ;-)

Hair today.. gone tomorrow!  (sorry)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2010, 05:40:55 PM »
Nice post Phigg, you've summarized a lot of feelings we've all had.  Glad you found SBG's O0
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 05:42:26 PM by saintc »

Offline Timmer

• Super Sly
  • And it harm none, do what you will.
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2010, 10:54:03 AM »
I enjoy shaving it.  There's something very relaxing about the process.  If I do it after I do my Chi Gung/Tai Chi in the morning it's almost a continuation of the meditation.

It's less expensive to maintain than getting a 20 dollar haircut every two-four weeks. 

It's cooler in the summer.

I have a good excuse to buy hats.  I like hats.

It feels awesome.

Once I did it I realized that the skin on top of my head was just as tan as the skin on my face.  What does THAT tell you?

I look good this way. 

Never a bad hair day.

Did I mention I look good this way?

One definition of "surrender" is, "To join the winning side."

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2011, 04:08:15 PM »
Recently discovered a new benefit of being sly....

I met the wife at home for lunch..... :D

When it was time to head back to work ... she commented "At least you don't have to worry about going back to work with your hair messed up !!"

ROFL Very funny and a great point.  :*))

Offline karlman84

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2011, 03:59:26 PM »
I havn't gone compleatly sly yet, but I shave with the shortest setting on the clippers. One thing I live about extreemly shor hair is that I helps regulate my comfort level. I am always warm, and hair just holds in too much heat! It feels great to have the air flow over your head!

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2011, 10:41:20 AM »
I havn't gone compleatly sly yet, but I shave with the shortest setting on the clippers. One thing I live about extreemly shor hair is that I helps regulate my comfort level. I am always warm, and hair just holds in too much heat! It feels great to have the air flow over your head!

Are you sure you only shave with clippers? You really look completely bald! Is your hair very blonde?

Offline Chromeo

• Sly
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2011, 12:10:33 AM »
No more trips to the barbershop every 2-3 weeks just to get home and find out my flattop looked like hell and spend another half hour trying to make it look decent!!  Not to mention saving $15.00 that goes into the barbers pocket.

Offline karlman84

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2011, 09:07:08 PM »

Are you sure you only shave with clippers? You really look completely bald! Is your hair very blonde?
100% sure. O0  You are also right about me having really blonde hair! If I have a fresh cut in a picture you can't see any hair, and can only see it up close.

Offline Jimlog

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2011, 11:38:45 PM »
Best part of being SLY is the nice smooth finish you get after shaving, and giving it a good rub to make sure there are no bits that have been missed! Great just not worrying about hair as well!  :XX

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2011, 02:16:47 PM »
I agree with the guys, I love shaving my head everyday and sometimes in the evening too.  Love the smooth shiny dome.  I will never go back to having hair.   ;D

Enter your email address: