Author Topic: Another Article on What Causes Problems--these you can solve yourself  (Read 1999 times)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
These are probably self-evident, but another study has dramatically shown that four habits are really bad for you.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36786312/ns/health-aging/

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
Re: Another Article on What Causes Problems--these you can solve yourself
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 03:05:29 PM »
Yeah I guess most people know those things, but it is amazing how few act on them.  I have worked in public health for years now and it is amazing how hard it is to promote something that will ultimately have an impact on you in perhaps 30 years time.  There is also some research going on over here questioning whether some of the values attributed to eating fruit and veg are as good as they say. 

The other big worry is fat kids.  This is going to be the first generation of UK children who may well have a lower life expectancy than their parents.  How depressing is that.   We have a guy called Jamie Oliver over here, a TV Chef he mounted a capaign against the quality of school dinners.  They managed to get a school in Rotherham to change to healthy school dinners....guess what, some mothers got together collected money from the kids through the school gates and bought them fish and chips! 
A SBG's head shines so other SBG's always have the opportunity to see the reflection of how good they look!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 03:14:41 PM »
It does start at home.  We have always used fresh vegetables, never canned, rarely frozen.  Our kids befuddled my late Mother in Law who once complained, "They won't eat the good canned carrots I served them!"  We know some people, the family is generally overweight, with one child the exception.  She's a nice woman, but she freely admits that her children not only have never seen a whole roast chicken, but almost brags about how many fried "chicken fingers" they eat, along w/ their fried potatoes.  Her husband, nice guy, had a stroke about a year and a half ago, and recently died.  He ate the same stuff--how do you tell people they're killing their families.  They stuff "processed" and pre-prepared frozen junk down their throats--it's like they were raising them for fois gras!  The crunch of a raw carrot or piece of celery is never heard--apples--fried in pies, and that's the fruit.  Then they move on to the fast food hamburgers, super-size please. 

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 07:10:41 PM »
This sort of says it all:

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 07:40:35 PM »
This sort of says it all:

ROFLMFAO :*)) :*)) :*)) :*)) :*)) :*)) :*))
Fantastic find--I want a print of that one!