Author Topic: Crazy, Off-the-Wall Piercing Question  (Read 4892 times)

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
Crazy, Off-the-Wall Piercing Question
« on: April 26, 2010, 01:26:33 PM »
I know this this is a totally silly, crazy and a bit out there question, but nothing ventured nothing gained, right?

While I do not see piercings in the immediate future for me (I'm not a fan of sleeping on the couch, thank you!), I do have to wonder...

If one were curious, and wanted to get an idea of how certain piercings might look like or how they might feel (at least weight-wise), are there clip-on versions available?

Thanks for indulging my randomness...

MikeC

Offline SlyBaldDude

• Sly
    • Standing Out In the Crowd
Re: Crazy, Off-the-Wall Piercing Question
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 11:24:10 PM »
I have had pierced ears before and my wife ignored it.  This was about 20 years ago.  I am 41 and I am thinking of getting pierced ears again.  The older I get the more I dont care.  Getting a piercing is akin to going sly.  There will be reactions .. but it is my body,  it's not immoral,  its a more of a fashion thing now days.  Its not unusual,  it is very common.  I wouldn't bother with fake piercings.

Look,  you only get older.  You want to wake up when you are 70 and wish you had got that ear pierced?  In the grand scheme it doesn't mean anything.  Same for Tattoos.  I'm thinking about getting another one of those too.  And since Im a lot older than when I got my first .. and second .. I can afford something decent!  Just make sure you can cover it with a shirt or pants .. just in case.  you never know! 
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 11:27:00 PM by SlyBaldDude »

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 11:58:29 AM »
In responce to your inquiry as to age and piercing/tatoos, I can only respond to my situation.  As a child I had really strick parents.  They weren't but as for me, I had to walk the straight and narrow.  Then came school with the old dress codes, then military, then a very religious wife and finally a straight laced job.  Therefore, I felt like I was sort of in a prison all my life.  I had to follow the rules of others.  I am turning 65 next week.  So all those constraints are gone.  I have gotten pierced quite a number of times, PA and three ear rings.  I did have tatoos that were always covered to hide from the world.  God help me if my bosses saw them.  Life is too short.  Live it to the fullest and hang everyone else!  But most of all, going Sly has been sort of a coming out for me.  Talk about confidence!!!
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 12:03:53 PM »
Thanks for the responses.

I think it's the confidence that came from finally going sly that has me even entertaining the thought of piercings.  Am currently thinking about an ear, a nipple (or both), and maybe a PA.
MikeC

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 04:31:54 PM »
One of my friends does makeup for the movie industry. She said once that you can glue BB's or small ballbearings with superglue and get them off pretty easily.

Photoshopping might be easier.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 01:28:22 AM »
Gaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh! All this talk about PAs. I heard that they do those on detainees in Gitmo as punishment.

In a related discussion, though, the piercings/tattoos topic is one that is closely related to going sly. Some people are not going to like it and they will let you know. Like PapaDon said, though, "life is too short" to make decisions based upon what I think other people MIGHT say. In some areas of my life I kinda keep myself corralled, like taking money out of the bank for something without the appropriate discussion with Mrs. Buddha. Other areas, like MY body, it's my decision. I owe no one either an apology or a request for permission.
The one place where I find myself being careful is in the employment arena because in these times of economic strife I feel better knowing that I have a job. If you saw the new ink that I got about a month ago try to envision how patients in a healthcare setting would feel about a nursing assistant with "death is certain, life is not" tattooed on the forearm taking care of them in the hospital. That's why I got it on the upper arm where the scrub sleeve will cover it.
I guess the key is common sense.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Xanwolf1337

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 07:06:33 PM »
I used to have piercings, but i took them all out awhile back,

i had my ear pierced which wasn't too bad, girls said they liked it etc and i also have had my nipple pierced which surprisingly doesn't hurt alot when its being done, outline needles of a tattoo are around the same pain range in my opinion.

But if found all my piercings to be a problem, my earring kept falling out and i kept fiddling with it which made it itchy and the nipple ring often got caught on clothing, or worse...playing sports made me paranoid.

Eventually i took them all out and just went for tattoos 8)

But im glad i had them, because looking back i had the guts to have a nipple pierced and also its just another experience like anything else :).

Offline cvasara

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 07:27:10 PM »
I had my ear pierced about 5 years ago,  a friend's wife did the first one, and my wife did the second one about 3 days later in the same (left) ear.  It was my wife that finally said' you want it, just do it"  She has pierced one ear in her life, mine.  She was sweating bullets when she did it.  But here I was 61 or so and she's pushing 60 at the time.  I like it, she loves it.  But when I said I wanted to have my nipples pierced, she pretty much said NO!
Go figure. 
Heck, even the bald head back a number of years ago was her idea.  She shaved me the very first time, and many times since.   
Now that, I like.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan--40th President

Offline BUELLIGAN

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 11:11:40 AM »
I had my ear pierced when i was at school (I'm now 49) still in. I had my eyebrow done a couple of years ago but it got torn out putting my crash helmet on.
I still have a nipple ring in & just finished a full tattoo sleeve on my left arm & planning my right one.
They were quite a talking point among the nurses recently while i was being treated after a bike crash.

my wife likes all that but not so much a bald head..........strange creatures women :-\