Author Topic: Settling sucks!  (Read 2333 times)

Offline foodfor4

• Sly Jr.
Settling sucks!
« on: April 26, 2010, 07:17:16 AM »
     Hey guys, I don't use this forum often as I am bussy as a fulltime student and have spent several monthes going to care for a sick aunt with my mom, but I would like to tell of a discovery that I have made and is important to me. I know most of you have all ready realized this and I'm sorry if I come off as preacher, as this is not the case and what I have to say is new to me. I have began dating within the year, starting to see people from school and around the area. While my first few dates were terrible I began to meet some "good ones", but still always found myself turned down in a week. I wondered what was wrong with me and if I was just undesirable. I've always been told I'm attractive (especailly in the last year), but never believed it.
     Finally I ended up meeting my ex through a club. We began dating and things got off very rocky as my ex is bipolar, manic-depressive, and narcisistc. Still, I decided to try and see if things got better. In time they did...for a while, but in the end a manipulative, nasty, and abusive relationship came up. We broke up four times in slightly under two months and every time we broke up my ex would threaten to commit suicide! I was dumped twice, because I am a virgin and was not ready then to have sex. In the end I realized I had settled because I have low-self esteem and was not willing to wait for someone ready for a relationship and worthy of me. I'm glad I did not take my ex back AGAIN for a fifth time, because I know things would never change.
     I am writing this, to warn others that it really sucks to settle for someone who is not ready for a relationship or worthy of you. Don't sell yourself short, because it invalids you and closes you off to someone better. There were so many red flags that I decided to ingore, as there often are. I know many people struggle with some poor self esteem and I hope my little story helps. I did love my ex, but had to let go and now am taking my time to build my confidence alone.

Offline cvasara

• Super Sly
Re: Settling sucks!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 10:37:00 AM »
Marriages, in this age, end in divorce in a greater percentage than those that stay together.  (IMO)
Been there and done that.  So I'm certainly not interested in  buying a suit back that I returned.
If it didn't "fit" properly the first time, I really don't think that it will 'fit' better the second time you 'buy' it. 
Time to check out a new suit, at a new store.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan--40th President

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 12:21:28 PM »
Great post and good decision on the ex, food. It's never a good decision to stay involved in something you know is not healthy and will end up getting you nowhere.

I hope that some of the other fellas' that are struggling in a relationship will read this and get the message.

Never sell yourself short, or settle for anyone, or anything!.

Hang in there, be strong for yourself.      O0

Offline foodfor4

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 03:04:54 PM »
I found out my ex has found someone elses life to make a living hell today. I was in the caffeteria at school and gues who went over to the table right next to the one I was at. I put my hood u[ and he never saw me, my friends said my facial expressions were a bit scary lol.

I told this little story, because I know I'm not alone in settling for relationships that are nhot right or healthy. I hope from reading this some people can prevent themselves from doing this. I know the wait can be long, but finding the right person that you can have a great relationship is definitly worth the wait.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 12:21:09 PM »
hey foodfor4:  CONGRATS on not settling & moving on.   continue 2 B yourself & hang in there, bro. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!