Author Topic: Diecast Collecting  (Read 1393 times)

Offline thebbqguy

• Sly
    • Get Your Prep On
Diecast Collecting
« on: April 18, 2010, 12:43:14 PM »
Anyone collecting diecast cars/trucks/models? Since there seems to be a very diverse group on these fourms, I thought I'd ask. I'm looking for some advice.

Since seeing a feature on diecast and modeling on 60 Minutes, I've been interested in learning more about this fascinating hobby. I've seen a lot of NASCAR guys selling at flea markets, but that's not my thing.

I've read through some DieCast magazines and I have to admit that I like the AutoArt stuff they feature. I also like their articles on 32 Ford's, any type of Detroit Muscle Car, and even some of the older motorcycles.

I like 1/24 scale, but also realize that bigger often equates to more expensive, but not always. I don't really care about making money in the future. I just want to enjoy collecting and "the hunt" so to speak. I am also an amateur, but avid photographer and I am interested in those aspects too.

Do you have any tips or advice for someone starting out in the hobby? Any brands to focus on? Brands to stay away from? Should I concentrate on a specific time period (50's, 60's, 70's)?

I am highly interested in anything Ford. Mustang, F-150, Ford GT, etc.

I'd be interested in your feedback.

TheBBQGuy

Enter your email address: