Author Topic: Finding Jobs  (Read 2897 times)

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
Finding Jobs
« on: April 18, 2010, 06:51:14 AM »
I've been unemployed for a while. It isn't critical that I have a job since I live at home, but I feel guilty that my father is stuck with my car insurance payments. Anyone know of any good sites that can help me put together a resume, I have been looking for a part time job to get me through school since 08...and have been completely unsuccessful. If you're an employer what do you look for an interviews?

I really need some tips.

Thanks in advance guys

Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Finding Jobs
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 07:29:07 AM »
Dude.... the single best resource in findig a job is networking. Friends, ex-co-workers, and interesting people you meet will most likely be the best place to find jobs.
Almost every job I've had in my 34 years of working have been found by networking.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 09:00:57 AM »
Mike is so right. Networking is the way to go. Just mention it to everyone you know.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 10:18:05 AM »
Keep in mind, you're not searching for a life career, this is temporary.  Depending on where you live, students often find work in the food industry, busboys, etc.  The hours are flexible so that your studies aren't adversely affected. 

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 12:12:48 AM »
yeah I know. but ive been searching for a part time job, the job market is particularly bad here so ive been unemployed since 2008
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 02:41:30 AM »
I think the main thing is to keep trying.  We all know it is a tricky time at the moment in terms of the economy.  I know that if my daughter was in your position in the future, I would be only too happy to help her out financially so long as I knew she was doing everything she could to get work. 

Keep going and you will get there.
A SBG's head shines so other SBG's always have the opportunity to see the reflection of how good they look!