Author Topic: I need a Hat!  (Read 7902 times)

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
I need a Hat!
« on: March 28, 2010, 12:32:19 PM »
Man I burnt my head yesterday! :Xo!  All I have are baseball caps and if your out in the sun long enough they leave a ring on your head.  Usually I would just wear one all summer and deal with it.  But I can no longer wear a hat at work and don't want to sport the tan line this year.  I need suggestions on a hat that doesn't cost a boat load.  I coach the kids baseball team and I'm going to be out in the sun a lot this summer. 

Thanks
Jeramy

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: I need a Hat!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 12:56:26 PM »
  How about something with a touch of class and not the same old stuff everyone else wears . ? . ?

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 01:59:32 PM »
I don't wear hats often but when I do (in the winter usually) I wear a flat top Harley hat. Check out their website to see them.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 02:27:49 PM »
I don't wear hats often but when I do (in the winter usually) I wear a flat top Harley hat. Check out their website to see them.

I like those (actually have a similar one), but I was looking for a full brimmed hat like the pork pie style one in the picture aarrggh posted.  Probably something with a wider brim though.  I'm going to be using it mostly for mowing the grass, fishing, and standing on the baseball diamond.  Any other time I like to show off the shine  O:O

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 02:38:50 PM »
I've seen some nice Panama hats--brim & the extra benefit of straw for ventilation.  Question:  what sunblock were you using when you got burned and how long were you in the sun to get it? I'd like to find a really tough sunscreen so I could not have to think about hats.

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 03:34:23 PM »

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 03:40:47 PM »

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 03:55:04 PM »

I like those (actually have a similar one), but I was looking for a full brimmed hat like the pork pie style one in the picture aarrggh posted.  Probably something with a wider brim though.  I'm going to be using it mostly for mowing the grass, fishing, and standing on the baseball diamond.  Any other time I like to show off the shine  O:O

Why do you egg this Man on!!!!!!! :*))
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline cvasara

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 05:08:33 PM »
Yeah those last couple of caps would really look cool coaching a baseball team ! ! 
NOT ! !
You would probably get laughed off the team as coach right on the spot by those baseball cap wearing kids.

Baseball requires a baseball cap.

Can't tell ya what to wear or not to wear, but as for me, I'm thinking one like this
                  V
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 05:10:21 PM by cvasara »

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan--40th President

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2010, 05:19:13 PM »

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2010, 08:28:54 PM »

Maybe if I was coaching the Pirates!  ARRGGH

Something similar to this might work O0

Offline OzPete

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2010, 08:56:29 PM »

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 01:12:46 AM »
Hey G,

If I'm out in the sun less than an hour I'll just slather on a thick amount of sunscreen.  If longer than that for a float trip or something, I'll wear a hat or bandana, but I'll always alternate it 30 on 30 off or something like that (with sunscreen) to keep from getting any weird tan lines.   It works just fine for me. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 07:19:44 AM »
Yeah, the true moral of the story boys and girls is that you need to wear sunscreen.  But for absent minded dopes like me.  I need a hat.  It was only 55 out side and I was out there about an hour and a half at the most.  But it was bad enough that my head was thumping yesterday when I woke up.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2010, 08:33:09 AM »
Yeah, the true moral of the story boys and girls is that you need to wear sunscreen.  But for absent minded dopes like me.  I need a hat.  It was only 55 out side and I was out there about an hour and a half at the most.  But it was bad enough that my head was thumping yesterday when I woke up.
Ouch,  :P.

I've made the sunscreen, spf 70,  part of the morning shave routine.  Hats--now that's something I can lose easily and hate to wear..  Maybe there ought to be a thread on sunscreens, the good, the bad, the pricey, etc.