Author Topic: Bald Guyz Head products  (Read 15416 times)

jusbnme

Bald Guyz Head products
« on: March 21, 2007, 11:22:29 AM »
I don't know if it's been discussed here before or not but I noticed a product a while back called Bald Guyz.  They offer a shave gel, after shave gel, and head wipes.  They probably offer some other things I have just never seen.  But anyway just out of curiosity I went ahead and bought some yesterday when I saw it again.  I bought the shave gel and the after shave gel.  Oh yeah, to rewind a little I also found another good product you can use in place of HB HeadShed.  Don't get me wrong, I love HeadShed since I first started using it about a week ago.  It's just that I know I will be running out of it probably quicker than other HB products and I don't want to have to keep ordering it through the mail.  I can get the HeadSlick and HeadLube at my local store.  Anyway, the other product is by St. Ives.  It's called St. Ives' Apricot Scrub.  I tried it this morning before my shave and it works great.  I would say just as good as HeadShed.  The best thing is you get a 6oz. bottle of it for about $3.50 from your local store.  I found mine at Wal-Mart.  It really gives a good scrub of the dome before shave.  So anyway, back to the Bald Guyz products.  I started my shave routine out in the shower with the St. Ives' Apricot Scrub.  Once at the sink I applied the Bald Guyz shave gel.  It has all kinds of stuff in it to help protect the dome against razor burn, nicks, etc...It gives a real smooth shave.  I used my old Mach 3 to do the shaving just to try something different.  Afterwards I rinsed with real cold water and applied a little witch hazel.  Then I applied the Bald Guyz after shave gel.  It worked very well.  I believe the reason it works so well is because it's not only for after shaving.  It states on the bottle that you can use it for wind burn, dry skin, etc...All for the dome!!!  The only problem I had with it was that it felt a little tacky but just for about 10 or 15 minutes.  Once it all dried it was good to go.  I guess that's why it works so well cuz it's almost like one of those gels you apply if you get a bad sunburn or something like that.  It didn't burn at all.  I even shaved against the grain on my face and under my chin with the shave gel.  Then applied the after shave gel and no burning what-so-ever.  I usually always get a little sting from my after shave products especially on my sensitive areas like under my chin on my neck.  I have to say overall it was a great shave experience and definitely one of the least painful ones.  I might even go as far to say it was the best I have had.  Not to knock the HeadBlade but I tend to get a little irritation in one place or the other every time I use my HB.  Not for sure yet, but I may end up switching my routine? 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 11:25:10 AM by Lance »

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Bald Guyz Head products
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 11:26:30 AM »
Good review bro. thanks.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 11:40:19 AM »
Hey Lance thanks for the review.  I've been looking for a possible HeadShed substitute too and good to know there is one out there to try.  Are those HeadWipes for oily skin?  I like my dome shiny but by the end of the day there is too much and could use something to tone it down. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 11:42:19 AM »
the head wipes work pretty good for oily skin. i have the same issue paul, and they help.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

jusbnme

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 01:07:02 PM »
the head wipes work pretty good for oily skin. i have the same issue paul, and they help.

Thanks for the info on the head wipes bro.  I seen them at the store also but wasn't really sure if they would be worth it.  I might pick some up the next time I'm out. 

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 01:07:39 PM »
The head wipes are worth every penny
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

jusbnme

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 01:09:52 PM »
Oh yeah, I almost forgot.  I just went to Target a little while ago and they had an even cheaper head scrub.  It's actually the generic version of the St. Ives' one I explained earlier.  It's the Target brand.  It's exactly the same thing it just says "Target Apricot Scrub" on the tube.  But the good thing is that it's even less than the $3.50 that the St. Ives' costs.  I think it was something like $2.30 or somewhere in that range.  Basically a buck less.  Peace!!!

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 02:39:48 PM »
good review on the scrub thanks!...i almost picked it up yesterday.....i'm also trying to find cheaper alternatives to the headblade products......i've decided to cut headslick and headshed out when i run out...at $8.97 for 8 oz. per, its just not economical, and i can see the head shaving thing really adding up... my 7 oz edge gel for $2.50 does just as good a job as headslick...and if this st. ives works out for me...for $3.50 you can't go wrong.....the headblade products are great but i'm realizing i'm paying a premium for a niche market namebrand.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 02:42:23 PM by Kajun »
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 03:44:47 PM »

Thanks for the headsup.  Definitely gonna give those a try this week. 

Kajun, if you have a Walgreen by you, I found the Head Slick for $6.95 there.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 03:46:57 PM »
There's always buying the stuff on eBay.  Just look at the auctions above.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

jusbnme

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 04:38:43 PM »
good review on the scrub thanks!...i almost picked it up yesterday.....i'm also trying to find cheaper alternatives to the headblade products......i've decided to cut headslick and headshed out when i run out...at $8.97 for 8 oz. per, its just not economical, and i can see the head shaving thing really adding up... my 7 oz edge gel for $2.50 does just as good a job as headslick...and if this st. ives works out for me...for $3.50 you can't go wrong.....the headblade products are great but i'm realizing i'm paying a premium for a niche market namebrand.

Yeah, I'm definitely with you on saving the money.  I know that it's mostly a one time fee for most of the HB products but you will have to eventually order something else and then you're stuck paying the shipping and handling.  I'm thinking of switching my whole process.  I think after I'm done with all the HB products I have right now I might switch up to the Bald Guyz products or the Neutrogena Razor Defense stuff I found.  It's not all about money for me either.  It's about a comfortable shave and I've found after experimenting that my old Mach 3 gave me a more comfortable shave than my HeadBlade.  I know some of the hardcore HB fans here on the forum probably want to jump through the computer at me but it's all about what works for each person.  I've given the HB a second chance and have been patient but when I experimented with the Bald Guyz products this morning and used my old Mach 3 it was probably the best shave I've ever had.  I'm talking about a non-powered Mach 3 also. 

Offline Bronco

• Sly Jr.
  • My WigsforKids Donation
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 11:23:46 AM »
Lance I just picked up a tube of the Bald Guyz Moisture Gel for after Sun, Wind, etc. on Monday.

I was going to buy some Nivea (sp) after shave balm but it was 2 bucks more and a couple ounces less then the B.G. Gel. I second you on the tacky feeling but it seems to go away fairly quickly.

Offline GBORN

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2007, 08:33:58 PM »
Bald Guyz Moisture Gel for after Sun, Wind, etc

WOW!  This stuff stings and burns right after shaving!!!

jusbnme

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 07:40:32 AM »
Bald Guyz Moisture Gel for after Sun, Wind, etc

WOW!  This stuff stings and burns right after shaving!!!

Yeah, it does burn quite a bit.  I guess my first trial with it went ok but after that I didn't have much success with the Bald Guyz products.  Sorry for the great review I gave it.  I guess I should have used it a little more before I tried.  It's just like the HB and it's products...Now I love the stuff but I just had to give it more time. 

Offline Head Bald Guy

• Super Sly
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2007, 08:33:41 PM »
Hey Sly Blad Guys,

If you read the ingrediants on the Bald Guyz Moisture Gel you will see that the first ingredient is water, then aloe vera. We also add Green Tea, Chamomile and many other herbal moisturizers and vitamins. everything stings after shaving as the pores of the skin are open and have been irritated. You need to use a little at a time and massage it into the skin.

The Shave Gel is new and was developed as a non foaming gel to luricate and prevent irritation. From the amouint of compliments we have received I am certain that you need to work with the products to get the most out of them.