Author Topic: L'Oreal Comfort Max SPF 15 After Shave Balm  (Read 3022 times)

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
L'Oreal Comfort Max SPF 15 After Shave Balm
« on: March 21, 2007, 10:50:55 AM »
Thought I'd drop a note on this product.

I was in Albertson's the other day (a grocery chain if you don't know them), and the shaving products section is in a direct line from the store's entrance to the beer cooler (not sure if that's on purpose, but it just works out that way). Anyway, I noticed this item and figured what the heck. A few years ago, my lovely wife picked up some Neutrogena SPF 20 after shave lotion for me, which I really like. However. it was a couple of bucks more than this product and came in a tube that was about half the size (1.7oz) of the L'Oreal (3.3 oz). This L'Oreal product cost $6.

Anyway, I tried it out yesterday and although I don't think it spreads quite as well as the Neutrogena, it was very nice. The scent was nice (and Mrs. Schro approved....tough critic) and appeared to provide good sun coverage (played golf without a hat as to show off the nicely shaven nugget). One thing that L'Oreal mentions about this product is that it has A.D.S. for "Active Defense System". They claim this helps protect against the effects of razor irritation so you're less likely to suffer from redness, burning, or tightening of the skin (their words, not mine).

Regardless, it seems like a good product for the price, and will likely replace my Neutrogena SPF 20 After Shave Lotion once that runs out. I'll probably keep some in my drawer. Two thumbs and one bald head way up!  O0

Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: L'Oreal Comfort Max SPF 15 After Shave Balm
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 10:58:26 AM »
Cool!  Thanks for the review Schro!!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: L'Oreal Comfort Max SPF 15 After Shave Balm
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 07:53:20 AM »
Quick follow up....just picked the L'Oreal After Shave Balm for $4.99 at our local Safeway yesterday (bought the last 2 bottles). On sunny days, it will be my moisturizer of choice (even over headlube). When I initally tried it, I reported it didn't spread as well as the Neutrogena SPF20. However, I just didn't use quite enough. It spreads just fine.

I recommend it if you can find it.

Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.