Author Topic: thinking bout going sly  (Read 9276 times)

Offline football guy

• Sly Guy in Training
thinking bout going sly
« on: March 16, 2010, 08:57:41 AM »
hey guys.
i'm 21 and have just started to thin out over the past two months of so. so thinking bout my options. Leave it for a while until its more noticeable, or shave it smooth now. Not too sure what my girlfriend will think. Any guys been in a similar situation?

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
Re: thinking bout going sly
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 09:38:46 AM »
First, welcome to the SBGs! There is a wealth of information here. I'd recommend progressively closer buzzes to a) see how it looks and b) to see how your g/f reacts. Who knows, you may both end up liking it.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline football guy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 01:05:33 PM »
yeah progressively might be the way. I'm gonna mention it to her soon, see what she thinks

Offline bem75

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 01:10:43 PM »
That's how I did it.  Don't even bother with anything longer than a 3.

Offline football guy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 04:37:19 PM »
talked to my girl about it. She likes the idea and wants me to. That was a relief.
so how should i do this? a number 3 to start with or whats the best way

Offline fencer

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 05:06:00 PM »
A #3 buzz cut would be a fine place to start. It won't take long, however, to begin thinking......"what if I went one step further"...... So, you might want to start with a no-guard buzz; just to get the preliminaries out of the way!!!!!! :*)) :*))

Offline BaldnBearded

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 05:08:49 PM »
I agree ith fencer,just go for a no guard shave as your first trial run.The first time i ever went bald, I started at a two, and brought it on down.This time around being bald (I'm bald forever now), I started at a 0 with no guard, and then I immediatly wanted to bic it.You might as well start with a 0 and just get it over with.Worse case scenario, you dont like it and can let it grow back in a week

marty22

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 05:13:25 PM »
chillpil: u look fine with the beard.

Offline BaldnBearded

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 05:19:56 PM »
marty: thanks man.im determined to grow my beard out to two inches in length, so I hope i still rock the look good.Right now I'm loving the bald and bearded look.I just hope I can pull it off as it gets longer the next few months

Offline J.J.

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 11:01:45 PM »
chillpil: u look fine with the beard.

I agree!  The bald/beard combo looks great on you.  Glad you decided to try it again.

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 06:40:54 AM »
Hey football guy, have you trimmed it down yet?   ???

You may want to trim your hair with the attachments in front of you.  I suggest a bathroom with two mirrors, the second mirror being a smaller one (not too small) that you can hold up to see the back side of your head.    Start with the #3 guard (they should all have a number on them).  You might notice a small change.  Look it over. If you like the improvement, try the #2, then the #1. At some point, you're either going to like it the way it is, or get frustrated and keep going.  (Remember, it's only hair and it will grow back, if you really want it to.)

Once you see the real change in really short, and you see the receeding hair line, you may decide, "go for it" buzz it down without a guard, and then shave it a few minutes later.  (See instructions on this website regarding shaving cream, fresh blade, etc.)

Once you've shaved it, you are now SLY, and you will begin to feel a release from your mental bondage of thinning and "going bald".  In a manner of speaking you have taken control of the situation, made a change, and you are now free from any hair problems.  O0
Congratualtions and welcome!! 8)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 06:44:12 AM by Nonick »

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 09:56:14 AM »
Welcome to the Forum! Post a photo when you have a chance..............
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 09:58:49 AM »
Welcome and go for wood!  Until you do it you'll always wonder whether to take the next step.   You're going to love it and so will your girlfriend.

Offline bem75

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 11:45:56 AM »
Yeah, I agree with the guys that say don't even bother with the #3 or even the other guards.  If you're ready and your girl is cool with the idea, just shave it off.  Going step by step is a waste of time.  While it is kinda fun to see the progress, you'll just end up shaving it all off anyways.  So, I say "go for it!"

Post up some before and after pics.

Offline Bald Kahuna

• Team Sly
  • Sly
  • Paddling outrigger w/Princess Kahuna-Maui coast
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 12:26:58 PM »
Aloha and welcome-great head shape-go for it and skip the "I'm not sure" steps-your gal likes it so the acid test is passed.
Bald Kahuna