Author Topic: photo tattoo  (Read 1997 times)

Offline TheSlyKang

• Sly Jr.
  • Don't blame me. I voted for the old guy & hot chic
photo tattoo
« on: March 11, 2010, 11:22:01 AM »
I'm trying to find a very reputable artist to do a tattoo of my kids. I want to take a photo of each of them at 2 yrs of age and get their faces tattooed on my shoulder. I'm in the middle Georgia. Since I don't have the cash or airfare to get Kat Von D to do it, do ya'll have anyone you could recommend in my area? Thanks for your help.

Don't blame me. I voted for the old guy and the hot chick!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: photo tattoo
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 04:07:32 PM »
SK-

Don't use anyone's word as gospel..... use it only as advice. There is so much that goes into selecting an artist. Use the web to search for shops in your area. After picking a couple... go to them. Just walk in and look around. Look for dirt in the corners and the cleanliness of other things in the shop.
If it's not spotless, leave. If they don't care enough to keep their shop clean they sure aren'y going to care about you.

Even after you pick a shop, ask to meet the artist that will be doing your tattoo. A good feeling and vibe with your artist makes a world of difference and makes the whole experience even better.

Remember.... especially for portraits...... cheaper rates, lousy tattoo. Pay the extra bucks for a good artist.... after all, that tattoo will be yours for the rest of your life.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline TheSlyKang

• Sly Jr.
  • Don't blame me. I voted for the old guy & hot chic
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 07:15:48 PM »
I  agree Koz. You usually get what you pay for. I did some research and found that Cap Zsumski, owner of Timeless-Tattoo in Atlanta, is ranked in the top 5 in the country in black and gray/portrait tattoos. The portrait tats on his site look awesome. I emailed him to see about getting an appointment. We'll see.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 07:39:05 PM by TheSlyKang »
Don't blame me. I voted for the old guy and the hot chick!

GASlick

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 01:39:36 AM »
I'm in Griffin; not sure where you are but check Third Eye over in Fayetteville.  I've had several friends have work done over there and have been very happy.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 05:42:56 AM »
I forgot something very important. Make sure they have an autoclave and that their certification is up to date. Usually the cert will be posted in sight somewhere, if not,,, ask to see it. A reputable shop will not mind.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Enter your email address: