Author Topic: Tweezing results  (Read 9933 times)

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
Tweezing results
« on: March 09, 2010, 06:34:45 PM »
Just o show you what you can expect after 3 years of tweezing.
The pic was taken about 2 hours after a maintenance tweeze so there's still a slight redness.
NOT SHAVEN!
As you can see there's almost no scalp shadow at all.

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Tweezing results
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 06:39:25 PM »
another pic

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 06:56:28 PM »
Looks awesome buddy.. but not sure I could have done the years of tweezing to get where you're at.  Probably will just let nature take it's course.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 07:06:13 PM »
Looks awesome buddy.. but not sure I could have done the years of tweezing to get where you're at.  Probably will just let nature take it's course.

Thank you! ;)

Offline tooyoung

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 09:05:12 PM »
Looks good, thanks for the info. Couple questions if you don't mind..

1) How many days growth before you initially tweeze? And what was the recovery time (red skin)?
2) After the initial tweeze, do you (or can you) do it everyday to maintain it? Can you always keep a sly look or does there need to be visible growth before doing it again?
3) How long does it take for the redness to go away when your maintaining it? (seems like we have the same complexion).
4) Is there stubble with regrowth, or is it fine hair?

BALDANDRE

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 10:20:02 PM »
Very nice results...a totally bald, shadowless head..nice work!!! O0

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 01:30:54 AM »
Nice. 
I'm curious about the specifics of what you did Zetaman.  Just normal tweezers?  How long were your sessions, how long did you grow the hair out, how often did you tweeze?
I assume the hairs come back weeks later, but finer. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 08:15:10 PM »
Looks good, thanks for the info. Couple questions if you don't mind..

1) How many days growth before you initially tweeze? And what was the recovery time (red skin)?
2) After the initial tweeze, do you (or can you) do it everyday to maintain it? Can you always keep a sly look or does there need to be visible growth before doing it again?
3) How long does it take for the redness to go away when your maintaining it? (seems like we have the same complexion).
4) Is there stubble with regrowth, or is it fine hair?

1) First time I waited for 3 days growth... should have had to wait at least 4 to get a better result.
I started tweezing on a Friday night, took many hours to do almost half the scalp. Completed the job
on Saturday night so I had to whole Sunday for the scalp to recovery. By Monday I could go to work
and had just a bit of redness.

2) I tried doing it every day but the most effective for the first 2 years was doing it twice a week.
I let it grow 3-4 days between tweezing sessions, so yes there's regrowth, but it gets sparser and
sparser and less visible with time. After few sessions you look always completely bald from a
distance, even if there is a week growth.

3) I usually tweeze in the evening after dinner, and it's mostly gone in the morning. For me there's
more redness at the temples and at the back, no redness at all on the top. It greatly helped in the
first months melting some ice cubes on the scalp right after the tweezing sessions.

4) There is still stubble, but very sparse, mixed with fine hair. Now it looks sparse overall, almost only
fine hair on the top. From a distance as I've said it looks always completely bald, even if now I wait a week
or more between tweezing sessions. Now I rarely shave because after tweezing it feels smooth almost
like after a razor shave... there can be a hair here and there that I could eliminate with a quick razor shave
but I don't shave cause I always think I can do a retouch with the epilator the day after to get rid also
of the few hair... I always end up skipping the retouch tweezing because I have few time or am tired when
I get back home in the evening...  ;)

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 08:27:19 PM »
Nice.  
I'm curious about the specifics of what you did Zetaman.  Just normal tweezers?  How long were your sessions, how long did you grow the hair out, how often did you tweeze?
I assume the hairs come back weeks later, but finer.  

I used the Braun Silk Epil Xpressive, with the tape masking method. Waited for 3 days growth, but as I've said
on the previous post should have had to wait 1-2 days more.

After the first initial epilation when you remove the whole head of hair, the retouch take about 45 minutes for me.

I did it twice a week for the first 2 years, now am at once a week... and maybe am going to go for once every 10 days soon.

You assume wrong: hairs come back immediately, not weeks later. This happens because hairs grow in different
cycles, so even if you managed to tweeze all of the hair out (that never happens because some hair will break
and some can't get caught by the tweezers) there would be some hair that was just starting to grow out right then.
Actually the hair growing out after a tweezing session is not the hair you just ripped off.
So there's always some hair growing... it just become less and less with time. But even now after 3 and half year
of tweezing I have some hair growing back also the day after the tweezing session.

The pics I posted up on the thread were taken 2 hours after the tweezing session I had right that evening: I look completely bald there. Today (3 days later) I already have some stubble growing (sparse and unnoticeable unless you come very
close, but there's...)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 08:29:19 PM by zetaeffe »

pitervandersluis

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 02:17:17 PM »
hello zetaeffe,

I am shaving my head for five years now, i am losing my hair on the top off my head.
My dream is; to be completaly bald!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The thougt of tweezing my scalp is very tempting!!!!!!!!!!! Can you push me over the edge?????????????
Greetz, PP

marty22

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 05:12:29 PM »
good work Zeta!

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 05:51:23 PM »
Looks great man

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 10:35:19 PM »
hey zetaeffe:  that looks gr8. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Common

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2010, 12:24:17 PM »
There should be a special term for guys with no shadow.  "Super-Sly"  maybe.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2010, 02:02:44 PM »
There should be a special term for guys with no shadow.  "Super-Sly"  maybe.

Agreed!!!! O0