Author Topic: Made a joke about shaving my head today....  (Read 2682 times)

Offline Tomistoma21

• Learning the way of Sly
Made a joke about shaving my head today....
« on: March 08, 2010, 07:43:57 PM »
Today, while walking with a bunch of my friends and my girlfriend, I made a joke about shaving my head to kind of "test the waters."  My friends just laughed, and my girlfriend responded by saying, "ew! no, don't ever do that!"  apparently now that i've let my hair grow out a bit, people think its fine (although for some reason, they all want to touch it all the time, which leads to me dodging out of the way so that they won't see me balding).  But its stressful for me, and i hate having to always worry that my bald spots are covered... but now with the reaction i got to just a joke about shaving my head, im not sure what I should do

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Made a joke about shaving my head today....
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 08:48:33 PM »
and i hate having to always worry that my bald spots are covered...

hey tomistoma21:  since U hate 2 always worry that your bald spots are covered... i think  U must "take the plunge"  and literally shave off your worries away & B free. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 08:49:56 PM »
Well mate, you've been asking your friends for 7 months now. They are saying the same thing they said back in August, and guess what? You're still unhappy. You're still letting other people's comments keep you from doing what you really want to do. Keeping you paranoid, wondering if your hair is in place or not. Whether that bald spot is visible. Is it growing? Totally friggin' miserable.

Don't feel bad. A lot of the SBGs went through the same thing .... should I? shouldn't I?.... he said ... she said ....

Bottom line? It's YOUR head. There comes a time when YOU have to stand up, be true to yourself and just do it. Stick it out for 30 days. I'm willing to bet that you'll say to yourself: Why on earth did I wait so long? Why did I ever let my friends' comments keep me from being happy?

To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 08:56:31 PM »
Well mate, you've been asking your friends for 7 months now. They are saying the same thing they said back in August, and guess what? You're still unhappy. You're still letting other people's comments keep you from doing what you really want to do. Keeping you paranoid, wondering if your hair is in place or not. Whether that bald spot is visible. Is it growing? Totally friggin' miserable.

Don't feel bad. A lot of the SBGs went through the same thing .... should I? shouldn't I?.... he said ... she said ....

Bottom line? It's YOUR head. There comes a time when YOU have to stand up, be true to yourself and just do it. Stick it out for 30 days. I'm willing to bet that you'll say to yourself: Why on earth did I wait so long? Why did I ever let my friends' comments keep me from being happy?

What Ozzie said.

Offline Tomistoma21

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 11:06:28 PM »
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the support... you're absolutely right of course, I just need to man up and do it

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 11:17:24 PM »
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the support... you're absolutely right of course, I just need to man up and do it

Just do it. Do it now. We're here to help you through the process. You've probably checked out the threads on how to "do the deed." So "man up," as you said, get that razor out, and kickstart a much happier, healthier phase of your life. Good luck!  O0
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 12:49:26 AM »
Listen to Ozzie!  SHAVE IT!  Stop looking for permission and take hold of your future.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 04:08:01 AM »
It's your head and your life.   If that is what makes you happy go for it.  And if they are really friends they will stick by you.  If not, you need to ask yourself if they are really friends.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 06:36:59 AM »
Just do it, or, as your friends implicitly advise, let nature do it hair by hair by hair.  You have the genetic trait that will make you a bald man--your friends wishes notwithstanding.  You will be happier if you control it, and controlling it means shaving it since it appears from what you've told us, you're beyond the point that you can do a Stratham buzz.  Your real friends will stand by you--and you don't need the other kind. 

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 07:03:49 AM »
The operative word that you used in your post was "joking"  -- I would bet if you took control, shaved your head, and walked proud you would have had a different reaction.   If your girlfriend doesn't like it then she's not the right one.  Trust me -- there are women out there who go absolutely crazy over guys with shaved heads.   Those are the ones you want! 

Like you said -- man up, grab the blade and experience the freedom.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 07:23:00 AM »
  Trust me -- there are women out there who go absolutely crazy over guys with shaved heads.   Those are the ones you want! 

There are also girls out there that think guys are something to be "changed" into what they want the guy to be--they are also not the ones you want! :P  You will never make them happy--no one will. 

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 09:48:26 AM »
What everyone has said ten fold, I think your making a big deal out of this and it's not worth your well being to stress out over what other people think or say, it's mind over matter, you don't mind the comments and criticism and they don't matter, do yourself favor and completely disregard whatever they say.

Have you checked this out yet ?
http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=12256.msg203811#msg203811