Author Topic: Snappy Comebacks!  (Read 3937 times)

Offline timetobeme

• Sly
Snappy Comebacks!
« on: March 06, 2010, 08:18:53 PM »
Hey Sly guys!  As some of you may know I am anxiously awaiting my end May date for becoming part of the brotherhood and I have been thinking about a lot of things.  One of them being how many times I am likely to hear "Why did you shave your head?" or "You looked better with hair!"  I am sure every sly guy hears these.  I am just wondering what some of your snappy comebacks for these are.  Thanks!

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Snappy Comebacks!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 01:32:49 AM »
You're going to be surprised just how few negative comments you actually get. I'd lay odds that the overwhelming majority of comments are definitely going to be positive. The one, maybe two, less-than-complimentary comments I received, I simply deemed unworthy of any real response. It was like the old biker adage: If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand.

A confident, direct look into the eyes of the commenter, a knowing smile, and simply going back to what you are doing will be enough to make the commenter look, and most likely feel, like a complete jackass. Have fun getting you rapier-sharp repartee ready though. Jeez, you've got enough time to get an entire Broadway show together. ;) I'm sure a number of the guys will jump in with some "snappy comebacks" for you.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 09:47:03 AM by ozzie »
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 02:05:24 AM »
Don't worry. Like ozzie said, just be cool if it happens.
Generally speaking, a cool attitude goes very well with a sly head in my opinion.

And I think those comments are not even neccessarily ment to be negative. Might be just a reaction to the surprise.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 02:46:00 AM by SlyOne »
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 07:27:47 AM »
I'm going to try to be funny here.  No offense intended.  Just tell them you got tired of wearing a paper bag over your head.
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 07:50:18 AM »
Ozzie's right....but you just might get some ignorant remarks...

Come up with smartass comebacks in advance.

Remark: "Dude yer bald"

Explanation:  "Yeah, and yer stupid....but I can grow my hair back"

Here's a couple other threads on the subject:

http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=1028.0

http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0 ---->  Go down to the member "Noner" - he used to be a stand up comedian.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 07:55:07 AM by Robmeister »

Offline captianxanax

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 07:57:46 AM »
“I Love Orange Chicken”
"We don't stop laughing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop laughing."

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 10:19:51 AM »
Well, since you're ditching the rug, it's not my experience.  But as ozzie said, you probably won't get that many "negatives."  I suspect that most people know your wearing a rug--even the "expensive" ones really aren't that good.  So, I expect those people will compliment you since they've probably had lots of water cooler talk about the thing on your head.  But, the people who do comment in a negative manner, just blow them off.  "You shaved your head?", Response, "Great grasp of the obvious, any other clever observations today?"  To the balding, "Yeah, I like to look clean and neat, can't stand the sloppy look.  How do you do it?"
Yeah, I'm not too "snappy"  I go for the kill--it's more fun.

Offline timetobeme

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 10:42:01 AM »
Good stuff guys.  Thanks for those links Robmeister, they're GOLD!!!

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 11:12:07 AM »
I have never had a negative comment about being SLY BALD - - - -Maybe because I have a very SHARP mouth if the going gets rough      - -

How could anyone not like a SLICK MELON ?   We all look wonderful - - -