Author Topic: Has anyone considered electrolysis to get rid of their hair?  (Read 1835 times)

Offline andrewjf

• Learning the way of Sly
Has anyone considered electrolysis to get rid of their hair?
« on: March 06, 2010, 11:53:24 AM »
Anyone, this seems more logical to me than shaving everyday?

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Has anyone considered electrolysis to get rid of their hair?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 12:05:48 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Andrew! I actually enjoy the act of shaving.... nothing like a little self pampering!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 12:15:51 PM »
Each to their own, but electrolysis is expensive, painful and time consuming from my understanding, and shaving is cheap, pleasurable and can be done within a very reasonable time each day.  So why would I switch, or even consider it :/O, at least that's my "logic" on it.

Offline andrewjf

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 02:40:27 PM »
Thanks guys, im not at the shaving stage yet however probably soon. Thanks for the advice I just see shaving as a huge pain in ass. How long does it take you and do you do it everyday? Also is it anything like shaving your face?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 02:50:01 PM by andrewjf »

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 03:16:56 PM »
Hi Andrew,
to me face shaving has always been a burden not a pleasure. However, since going sly, I shave daily and have skipped it only like 3 times on lazy sundays in almost one year. It takes me about 15 minutes (face and head in one go).  I'm feeling totally awake and ready for the day afterwards and wouldn't leave the house without being shaved.

After some practice and with the right razor (many guys including me are using the HeadBlade) it is just as easy as face shaving, I think.

If you're thinking about it, just try it. You'll be be amazed... 8)
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 03:33:03 PM »
Ummm...no...

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 03:51:31 PM »
I just see shaving as a huge pain in ass. How long does it take you and do you do it everyday? Also is it anything like shaving your face?

Boy, that was one of THE questions as I approached the Sly.  That and head shape, what people would say, etc.  In fact, one of my questions about the actual act of shaving the head lead me  to this site--and it may have been your route too.  Once done, as the guys have said, it's really a pleasure--many threads will even have guys admitting to being an addict.  There's a Pavlovian response involved I'm sure, because the feel of a freshly smooth clean noggin is just one of the best sensations out there except for great sex.  That's just the way it is.  Once you've done it, had that clean, baby butt smooth scalp--well very, very few ever turn back.  I've used Fusion and now M5, the Headblade just didn't work for me--but their Headslick, fantastic stuff.  You're going to like a sly head, you really are. 

Enter your email address: