Author Topic: 30 Day Rule - Video - Dealing with hair loss  (Read 108681 times)

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
Re: 30 Day Rule - Video
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2013, 07:04:20 PM »
Welcome to the bald brotherhood Guido. I am with you when you said shaving is personal time and is good for the soul. It is my time to pamper myself.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline guido57

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2013, 07:34:24 PM »
Welcome to the bald brotherhood Guido. I am with you when you said shaving is personal time and is good for the soul. It is my time to pamper myself.

Thanks, kalbo. Nothin' wrong with that!  8)
I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind. I should not be ungrateful to those teachers.
                                                                    ~Kahlil Gibran~

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2013, 02:08:45 PM »
Guido, welcome friend!

I am very sorry for your sad loss. I hope you feel stronger every day & cope a little better every day, too.
Well done on making the decision to shave your head. It musn't have been too easy for you to do that. Quite a change from long hair to smooth bald!

If you follow the 30-day-rule, it will definitely help you make the decision if the bald loook is or isn't for you, but going by what you have said previously, it looks like your decision is already made.

Best wishes.
BaldBill

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2013, 12:52:25 AM »
I watched Tylers youtube videos '30 Day Rule' and 'I'm losing my hair, what do I do?' while I was thinking about going bald and they gave me the encouragement to just give it a go. Once i got my shaving equipment and got my morning routine sorted I have loved being sly every day since. Great videos Tyler!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2013, 12:55:11 AM »
Thank you!  I'm glad they helped :)
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline dustin5338

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2013, 09:38:40 PM »
The 30 day rule has helped me also. After I decided to try going sly and then found SBG and the video I started to gain confidence with my new look using the 30 day rule. I am at 13 days and as of right now I am never going back. Thank you Tyler for putting up the videos and creating the site.

Offline diducmeb4

« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2013, 11:21:52 AM »
Yep, definitely gotta use the 30 day rule.  For the first two weeks, I felt self-conscious and thought everyone was staring at me.  I'm at 6 weeks now and can't imagine letting my hair grow again.  I don't routinely shave but do keep my hair clipped down with a balding clipper ever three days when i don't shave.  Being sly is great!
Hair is over rated ...

Offline EarlBald

• Super Sly
Re: 30 Day Rule - Video - Dealing with hair loss
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2013, 06:06:24 PM »
I've been periodically following this group, but it seems to be getting more active, and I'm moving toward SLY.  I have shaved my head dozens of times over the years (this has been a LONG process) but then have grown it back.  However, it's getting closer and closer to consistently bald.  Last Thursday, I went to the barber only a month after my previous shave (in August, I found a barber that did complete head shaves--really great!--but last week's barber just buzzed it to the scalp).  I used a Headblade to clean up my buzzcut.  I was going to grow out the stubble for a couple of days, but on Saturday, I listened to Tyler's 30 Day Rule speech.  I woke up at 4:00 a.m. on Sunday and suddenly said, "What am I waiting for?"  I shaved it clean again.  This morning, I shaved--scalp and face--for work.  So, this is day five and counting.  I think that I'm going to  make the 30-day mark this time.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2013, 09:02:45 PM »
Welcome , Earl.

Offline g_bald

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Bald IS beautiful... and it will always be so!
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2013, 08:27:57 AM »
Welcome Earl!  Yes, funny how you reach the point (I had just reached it the end of July) where you say 'enough is enough' and the razor comes out...

I think, once you get into a comfortable routine, your head shaving will be like anything else you do on a daily basis. I really look forward to it, it's "me" time.

Offline kalva76

• Sly Jr.
  • Shaved head, full beard
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2013, 11:03:58 AM »
Hi guys, I'm Jeremy and I've enjoyed the group for a while now as a lurker. I've finally decided to go for it.  Over the past two years I've found myself going shorter and shorter on the electric clippers and liking what I see. I'm down to no guard now, and have decided to set a date of December 10th to forge ahead with the 30 Day Rule (changing shifts at work). I figured a similar rule for growing a full beard has worked for me, so this would be (hopefully) a similar experience. Still bearded and loving it. :-). Thanks

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2013, 01:47:42 PM »
Welcome, Jeremy!   If you are already at a zero guard, there should not be much difference at all.   If you haven't yet posted in the Introductions, you may want to do that so more people can welcome you.  The intro threads get more views for sure.  Also, post a pic when you can--- The beard thread would be a good place  (no matter what type of beard)... 

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Offline kalva76

• Sly Jr.
  • Shaved head, full beard
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2013, 07:20:18 PM »
Thanks Slymyke, just posted in the intro forum.  Still not sure how to get a photo in my profile.  I've tried to upload one several times tonight, no luck.  Will try again tomorrow.

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2013, 12:29:44 PM »
I knew that once it was time for me to shave my head completely bald, there was no turning back.  My vanity would not allow me to have that horseshoe shaped hairline! 

I've since passed my 30 days and it's been awesome!  I grew accustomed to the look fairly quickly and got positive responses so that made it easy to accept.  Also my best friend and several other friends have been shaving their head for years so that also made it easy as well.
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline Milan

« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2014, 10:26:02 AM »
Great video Tyler! It's all about confidence! And bald guys need to be more confident. Confidence matters a lot. So shave it or cut it short and forget about your baldness to be a flaw. It's a gift. Use it to your advantage bald guys! Seriously, baldness is a gift and bald guys can be the most attractive guys in the world. Shave it, cut it short, raise above it and be confident. That makes you incredibly attractive!

Milan
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 11:07:08 AM by Tyler »

Enter your email address: