Author Topic: 30 Day Rule - Video - Dealing with hair loss  (Read 108331 times)

Offline quietstorm

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Die Hard Saints Fan
Re: 30 Day Rule - Video
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2012, 02:45:59 PM »
Good info Ty...... Ready to follow these rules for the transition.... This is day two for me and feeling more and more comfortable....

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2012, 02:52:21 PM »
Good info Ty...... Ready to follow these rules for the transition.... This is day two for me and feeling more and more comfortable....

Excellent. You'll be pleasantly surprised just how quickly you adjust and then enjoy the new look.

30 days later and I'm willing to guess you won't want to go back.

Offline CanadianChrome

• Learning the way of Sly
  • So Smooth and So Fresh
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2012, 11:54:03 PM »
The 30 day thing is harder then i thought.  I am on my fourth attempt.  Usually I last a week or 2 then grow back my hair.  This time around though I am gonna make a real effort.  Hope it sticks.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2012, 01:10:41 AM »
Why haven't you succeeded in the past?

I'm curious as this is my first time and I'm at day #11. That smoooooth feeling each morning reinforces my resolve that this is my new way of life.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline CanadianChrome

• So Smooth and So Fresh
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2012, 02:26:13 AM »
Why haven't you succeeded in the past?

I'm curious as this is my first time and I'm at day #11. That smoooooth feeling each morning reinforces my resolve that this is my new way of life.

Work pressure, mostly.  Just got tired of the jokes. But today I told my boss he didn't pay me enough to pick my hairstyle

Offline DaveM61

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2012, 05:11:07 AM »
Welcome quiet storm.

Offline homer3142

« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2012, 11:52:43 PM »
Heh 30 days to decide?  I shaved my head about a month ago and within 30 SECONDS my mind was made up for sure that it was the right choice.  I immediately couldn't believe I didn't do this years ago, it looks and feels so much better

Offline gunngee

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2012, 10:59:54 AM »
I think I'm going to give this 30 day rule a try. I am 38 and have been just using clippers with no guard since I was 19 (according to my wife). I tried shaving my head once a very long time ago but I wasn't very smart about it. I turned my friend loose with a bic disposable razor and some gillette foaming gel. I had the worse razor burn I have ever experienced, ever. I sat with a cold cloth on my head for hours after. I was just thinking about this and now that I am picky about which shaving products I use I think it will be a lot better experience this time around. I am long past the self esteem issue with loosing hair but like I said with the better shaving products that I purchase I'm gonna give it a go.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2012, 11:57:26 AM »
Welcome gungee ... I suggest you post a "hello" over in INTRODUCTIONS so we'll get to know you.

Look around here, there's lots of great information about products, techniques, issues, solutions, entertainment and all.

Since you're already on board, commit to the 30 days - that'll give you the opportunity to have daily shaves become part of your normal routine. Also, your scalp will adjust (as will your mind).

And if you need anything, just ask. Plenty of great guys here are ready to provide information.

Again, welcome.

Offline gunngee

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2012, 10:43:30 AM »
Ummm just curious how the heck do you guys shave the back of your head? I tried and failed miserably. I tried using a hand mirror while looking into another mirror, that was kinda impossible... Tried it blind, just overlapping my strokes but that wasn't too good either. I had to get the wife to finish it for me. Other than that it went ok i guess. No razor burn really, still feels like velcro though.

Offline skram

• Sly
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2012, 10:51:59 AM »
I went straight to using the Headblade. With it I do too passes (so I get both with and against the grain) - front to back and then reapply Headslick and then back to front.  I make a long stroke from my forehead back to my neck.  On the second pass, it's from the back of the neck to the forehead.

The design and that method (there are videos on their site and on youtube that show it well) make it easy to get everywhere.  Sometimes miss a few spots, but easy to feel for them and then touch up.

Only need the wall mirror in front of me, and that's really for just around the ears and getting the first pass to overlap nicely. On the second pass, my head is down looking at the sink.

I find I get a very smooth shave with the Headblade and Headslick (better than I can get on my face with anything I've tried there)

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2012, 11:26:57 AM »
Here's another recommendation for HeadBlade (www.headblade.com ) - both the razor and the HeadSlick gel. Often you can find the razor in the large drug stores. If you click on the HeadBlade ads on this site, which will take you there, you'll get a 20% discount on an order.

See some of the other threads - also, you can use several brands of less expensive razor cartridges.

The HeadBlade is a very natural feel ... I can't ever imagine myself using a disposable stick or double-edge razor. I don't have nearly the coordination required.

Offline gunngee

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2012, 11:57:45 AM »
I wish there was a store that sold headblade products in BC. I'll have to wait a little while before we need anything across the line. It does sound a lot easier with this toy. I used the Gillette mach 3 turbo so at least it has 3 blades. This is what I used for shaving cream http://www.thebodyshop.ca/en/men-product/men-product-bath/for-men-maca-root-shave-cream.aspx

It worked quite well, it sticks quite nicely to the skin and lubricates nicely. This was for the "after shave" http://www.thebodyshop.ca/en/men-product/men-product-bath/for-men-maca-root-razor-relief.aspx
relieves any razor burn. Also works for sun burn apparently...

Offline skram

• Sly
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2012, 12:03:13 PM »
Here in Nova Scotia, Lawtons Drug carries the razor, blades, headslick and headlube and Shoppers Drug Mart carries the same except for the blades (strange that they don't have the blades).  Both of these are Atlantic Canadian companies, so I dont' think they have stores in BC.

You can also order it online from Well.ca. The prices are a little bit higher than Lawtons, but the shipping within Canada is included.

Offline gunngee

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2012, 06:25:58 PM »
Ok, I found a store that sells the headblade and headslick but no replacement blades. Pricemart carries the headblade which means I will be starting my 30 days over as of tomorrow. How many uses are people getting per blade roughly?