Author Topic: Scalp not tan  (Read 15732 times)

Offline Tomistoma21

• Learning the way of Sly
Scalp not tan
« on: February 25, 2010, 01:10:13 AM »
Hey guys, it's been a while since i posted last.  I've been wanting desperately to shave off my hair and just get it done with, because I'm sick of running to the bathroom every ten minutes to make sure my hair is in just the right place.  But right now, one of the biggest issues i have is that I am a tan guy, year round
  So now that its winter, I think shaving off my hair will look weird because my scalp isn't tan at all.   What do you guys think I should do?

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Scalp not tan
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 06:29:49 AM »
There are products that will help tan your slowly. Jergens makes a product... I think it's called Natural Glow. A lot of guys here have used it and really liked it.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 07:02:28 AM »
Actually, it doesn't take long for the scalp & face to even out, and since you do tan easily from what you say, there will be less "catching up" if you do it now--and you'll save all that time in the bathroom to boot.  Take it to wood.  O:O

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 07:12:49 AM »
First of all its great to see that you've made the decision to go sly!   We all know that feeling of being extremely self conscious about how our "hair" looks (or lack thereof in my case).   Based on the recommendations of the group -- I went to Target and picked up the Jergen's Natural Glow Express Tan and it works perfectly.   I too am normally tan and when I shaved my head I had a very definite tan line.  The Express Natural Glow took care of it and my face/scalp now match.     I use it daily as my moisturizer and to maintain my "tan".   Works wonders!

Offline Tomistoma21

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 07:24:04 AM »
my problem is that its winter, so im not exactly going to go out tanning.... should i wait till summer?

Offline baldtribesman

• Sly Jr.
  • R O C K in the USA rockin in the USA
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 07:26:03 AM »
Tom I myself shaved my head in the winter and I have tan skin and I had the same concern you had.  When I shaved it off the area were hair used to be was pale and I decided I would go the full Sly 30 day trial period.  You know what, it just keeps looking better and better.  Give it time even in this time of year from some exposure to the sun although the sun is not strong this time of year you will gradually gain a tan and it will match the tone of the rest of your face.  You should shave it now rather then waiting for the warmer months because in the warmer months you have to slap on sunscreen constantly and if you forget you will get very burned.  However doing this now and shaving it off you allow your scalp to have a much more gradual exposure to the sun, and when the summer months do come you will have built up a nice tan and have some protection.  I DO HAVE TO SAY HOWEVER===That you should always put sunscreen at all time of the year, but obviously this becomes even more important when exposed to very strong sunlight.  The sun is the most powerful nuclear reactor!!!!!!

All the best no matter which path you choose = but make it Sly!

Fred

BaldRob

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 07:27:31 AM »
If you wait until summer, the difference will be greater!

If you shave it now, yes, there will be a color difference between your face and scalp, but it probably won't be as drastic as in the summer and it will even out in a few weeks... or as Mike said, you can help it along with a self-tanner.

Offline R o b 6

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 07:38:31 AM »
If you wait until summer, the difference will be greater!

If you shave it now, yes, there will be a color difference between your face and scalp, but it probably won't be as drastic as in the summer and it will even out in a few weeks... or as Mike said, you can help it along with a self-tanner.

Very true, BaldRob...it seems like it just "seasons" on its own after a few weeks (although I guess that depends on your climate), and if it doesn't, you can try a self-tanner.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 07:50:24 AM »
Well, if he's on the East Coast, they may not see the sun for a while. Sounds like another round of global warming is bearing down on the Atlantic States.  (*!@

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline bartman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 09:21:28 AM »
It is my understanding that the sun is tanning you all the time, even cloudy because it is uv radiation that does it, the the light you see so even on an overcast day you can get a tan. I would suggest standing outside (even it is a little cold or overcast in winter) for about 20 mins or longer each day, (don't get a sun burn). Your head will tan pretty fast

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 09:25:06 AM »
I would suggest standing outside (even it is a little cold or overcast in winter) for about 20 mins or longer each day

And you'll get valuable Vitamin D, lately claimed to be a really important vitamin for all sorts of chronic issues as well as a preventive measure.  They even include that in my battery of regular blood work now. 

Offline jamesh75

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2010, 10:28:27 AM »
Jergens Natural Glow for the face.  It works great for me.  It's not an instant tanner, so it will take a few days to notice results.