Author Topic: annoying  (Read 3779 times)

Offline jc71corvette

• Sly Guy in Training
annoying
« on: February 20, 2010, 02:22:12 PM »
Does anyone have the issue where one side of their face grows faster and darker than the other!!!
My chin straps are always darker and thicker on the left side

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: annoying
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 02:37:16 PM »
Nature of the beast, and the moustache can grow slowest of all.  That's why to get an idea of what the beard is going to be, you have to let it develop at least a month before trimming, and only the slightest of trimming  until three months.  At that point you'll be able to even out these different growth areas.  I guess other than the itch these are some of the issues of the baby beard.

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 03:02:52 PM »
I've always struggled with the unevenness of my facial hair growth... pisses me off!  :*))

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 04:35:12 PM »
My growth is even, but have more gray on the left side...luckily it doesn't interfere with the goatee when I grow it...

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 09:43:13 AM »
Above the neck, the growth is fairly uniform.  The upper part of my belly on the other hand - the right side is quite a bit hairier than the left... go figure...
MikeC

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 05:26:36 PM »
I kinda understand where you're coming from, my facial hair doesnt grow straight down the middle of my chain, and theres a gap in between my neck and chin where it doesnt grow, its steadily filling in though, i figured by 19 id have matured more :P
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 11:43:16 PM »
My beard sucks and it basically has most of the bad attributes a beard can have: bald spots, gray hairs, thin patches, regions of different colors, random "pubic" hair quality hairs (often in white).

The hairs I have on my lower lip are nearly blonde, and combine that with the fact that it's fairly thin and it makes the area look even thinner.

The right side of my face grows thicker and higher up on my cheek than on the left.

I don't think I have a place that grows faster than the other place, but even if it did: so what?  Just run clippers through it every 4 or 5 days and you'll never notice.

One thing that took me well over 10 years to figure out is that my face is not symetrical.  I cannot trim the left edge to match the right edge.  It looks symettrical from the front but the sides look different from each other.  I finally figured out that my jaw isn't symetrical so it's impossible for me to trim both sides perfectly identical.
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 09:52:51 AM »
Ain't nothing wrong with gray hairs!  O:O

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 03:30:15 PM »
Gray is a sign of maturity and, in my case, a past reckless life.............
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Xanwolf1337

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 03:44:46 PM »
Mine tends to grow thicker on one side and it also grows in a different direction to the otherside lol