Author Topic: Which type of electric razor do you recommend ?  (Read 2461 times)

Offline Peladin

• Sly Guy in Training
Which type of electric razor do you recommend ?
« on: February 04, 2010, 10:58:13 AM »
Hey guys. I'm new to the forums.

I want to start shaving my head, but I don't want to do it with a normal razor such as the Mach 3/Fusion. I want to use an electric razor.

The thing is, there are two types:
First we have the foil razors (http://www.garbarino.com/img_prod/zoom/52550.gif) and then we have the one with circular blades (http://www.garbarino.com/img_prod/nuevas/51565/zoom/51565.jpg).

So the question to all of you who used electronic razors is, which type do you recommend for shaving head ?

Thanx! Cheers.

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
Re: Which type of electric razor do you recommend ?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 11:45:53 AM »
I do not think you get the smooth results that you get with a blade shave  - -but I have a Norelco and in a pinch I have tried it  - - -I would rather take another 5 minutes and shave with a blade - - - -I hate the velcro feel and with the electric the "horse-shoe" comes into sight   -after a few days

Offline Peladin

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 01:09:51 PM »
Yeah, i know that a normal razor would do the job better. But the thing is, my skin can't handle the blades of a normal razor. To shave my beard i have to use a hair trimmer in the first position leaving me a 3-day beard  :-\

That's why I want to shave my head with an electric. I could do it with a gillette, but i don't want to take risks, at least not in the first time!

Anyone knows which type is the recommended ? Some experience with these machines ?

Thanks!

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 01:22:44 PM »
The Panasonic Linear (ES8243) is an excellent choice.  Use it wet, in the shower, and you'll get a shave that will rival a blade shave.  I guar-on-tee it!  O0

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 01:22:56 PM »
I understand that the Vortex or Linear Wet/Dry are the best. Panasonic and Braun I believe.

Offline Peladin

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 01:48:08 PM »
Thanx for the responses!

I don't think I can get that Panasonic here at my country. I will try, anyways I can still buy some similar shaver.

So, all in all, the foil shavers are better that the circular (philips), right ??

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 02:03:41 PM »
Thanx for the responses!

I don't think I can get that Panasonic here at my country. I will try, anyways I can still buy some similar shaver.

So, all in all, the foil shavers are better that the circular (philips), right ??

What country are you in?

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline Peladin

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 02:52:49 PM »
Argentina.

I've been seaching and it seems Philishave and Braun are the only brands available here. I guess I will buy some single-foil Braun since its foiled and cheap  :)

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Cheers.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 09:50:47 PM »
The Panasonic Linear (ES8243) is an excellent choice.  Use it wet, in the shower, and you'll get a shave that will rival a blade shave.  I guar-on-tee it!  O0

Red

What he said!
I bought an 8243K (black) based pretty much on Red's review and I use it on in between days or if I'm in a hurry. I give it 2 thumbs up.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline coyoteguy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 05:56:41 PM »
I recently did a post about the Connair Cleanhead that you should check out.

I highly recommend it

Offline Peladin

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 08:53:43 AM »
I recently did a post about the Connair Cleanhead that you should check out.

I highly recommend it

I've reading reviews about that machine and it seems it works well. I will try to buy it online!

Thanks.