Author Topic: Connair CleanHead  (Read 17467 times)

Offline Shawnlf

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Connair CleanHead
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 07:08:01 PM »
I bought mine online at Newegg.com.  Was about 35.00.

Offline PopeyeRay

• Sly.Popeye
  • Sly Jr.
  • Just da way Iam
    • Popeye Ray
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 02:44:14 PM »
Thanx for the review. But By reading, I think I'll stay with a blade shave. Im just in love with the slick skin feel, which I cant see getting with any electric shaver. But like others said, if ya like the close buzz feel, it sounds like you found what youre looking for.
[img width= height= alt=ImageChef Custom Images]http://cdn-users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/2/100224/purcaced2d22244c87d.gif[/img]

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2010, 03:33:20 PM »
I would like to give this razor a try ,but I wiil wait for future reports. Hate to spend a dollar on someting I won't use. Thanks for the info.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline baldtribesman

• Sly Jr.
  • R O C K in the USA rockin in the USA
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2010, 04:09:01 PM »
I just got the cleanhead shaver.  Its says in the instructions to charge it for 16 hours before using for the first time.  I cheated at used it anyway and I can report that it gives a razor close shave no exaggeration and it is perfectly contoured for the curves of the head making it one of the most natural positions to shave my head.

Guys a more in depth review from me will be coming hopefully tommorow when this thing is fully charged.  From my little try at it I have high hopes for this to be a winner. 

To be continued...

Fred

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2010, 04:37:11 PM »
Fred-

Let us know ere you made your puerchase and what the cost was please.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline baldtribesman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2010, 05:56:14 PM »
So sorry I should have posted that in my preview post, forgive a sly guy!   lol

I got Cleanhead on newegg.com for $37 with tax and shipping.  Its listed at 32 before addition of shipping and handling.

=================

My verdict --- guys we have an amazing device on our hands.  This can change head shaving for many guys.  I know it already did that for me.  Just a short while ago I interupted the instruction mandated charging time of 16 hours.  And I can tell you ergonomically this is the most comfortable device I ever used to shave my head.  You hold this think like a baseball, on a rubbery grip,  you fire the engine on and this thing rumbles with power.  The shaving head is perfectly contoured to fit on your head.  When you go against the grain you get a razor like closeness.  Just like anything else the first time you use it will feel a bit odd.  It took me two tries and on the second try I got it downpat and was in control of the device with percision.  Guys who "want to be" free of manual razor blades today are hereby liberated.  Give it up for being Sly!   

an updated review is soon to follow.

Fred

Offline Peladin

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2010, 06:32:08 PM »
I think I will ask my brother (who is living in USA) to bring me that little baby so I can try it when I finally decide going sly.

I have a question to ask, does it have dual voltage ? I mean, does it says "100-240v" ??

Offline baldtribesman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2010, 06:53:31 PM »
Peladin it does have dual I think.  Great device so far a full review will be forthcoming sometime in the near future.

Fred

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2010, 04:39:47 AM »
This could easily become one of my must-haves - I won't give up the AM shaving "ritual", but this would be great for some last-minute cleanup work before going out for the evening or something.
MikeC

Offline baldtribesman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2010, 05:05:21 AM »
CraftyGuy,

The cleanhead can definately be used for touchups, it gives you a "just shaved" feel without the irritation of a blade.

Fred's Review of the Conair Cleanhead:

First impression: very ergonomic fits in your hand nicely and when placed on the head feels comfortable and natural.

Shaving with it: To get the closest shave possible I used it against the grain.  I held the device in one hand and used the other hand to feel for the direction against the grain.  Obviously to get the closest shave possible I had to consistantly go against the grain.  The motor is not too loud and when you use the device you get a pleasing sound of the hair being shaved to let you know its working.  It is superior to the headblade, a traditional razor, or conventional electric razor because the head of the device is perfectly contoured to the curves of my head.  Also because you are not wielding a sharp blade but instead an electric device that is safer you can get close to the ears where in a headblade this is very hard and a traditional razor you run the risk of cutting yourself right above the ear.  I loved the fact that I do not have to worry about going through razor cartridges, also I did not have to worry about putting shave gel or cream on.  Its important to not that this device is for dry use only!  

I am tempted to use lectric shave because I heard the shave can be even closer so I will update my review as soon as I tried Lectric Shave brand Oil before a shave.

ergonomics - 9/10

ease of use - 10/10

closeness of shave - 9/10

lack of irritation - 10/10

affordability of ownership - 9/10

In summary - The Conair CleanHead is a breakthrough product.  For me this will replace my other shaving methods which used to be a gillette fusion and occasionally the headblade.  Its remarkable that a product that sells for 32 dollars in a market where conventional electric razors can run upwards off 100 dollars and regular manual razors can be pricey given that you have to constantly change blade cartridges, and keep a steady stock of shaving cream/shaving oil, that this can replace those and be real cheap to own.  In essence then this device will pay for itself over time.  I full heartedly reccomend this product to my Sly Brothers but with one caveat, and this has been stated many times: what works for someone make not work for another person.  So I love the product it now going to be integrated into my head shaving routine and I hope it works just as well for others!

Fred
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 05:07:34 AM by baldtribesman »

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2010, 05:07:22 AM »
Great review and info Fred! Thanks!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2010, 09:13:17 AM »
Thanks ,Fred I'm going to have to get me one. This woud at least give a bit of variety to head maintaince ,and like you said the price ain't bad.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2010, 11:22:25 AM »
Fred - - -You said that you get a shadow and a horse-shoe  - - - and I think using the CleanHead is why - - -There is nothing like a blade shave for having a smooth  -slick melon - - - -

Offline baldtribesman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2010, 12:27:03 PM »
I agree with you Mangoo but I have a shadow with using a regular razor.  The conair clearhead does a very close shave but as said before stuble comes back quicker then with a razor shave.  I couldn't agree with you more that there is nothing like a razor shave, but its nice that the conair product gives us yet another option.

All the best,

Fred

Offline coyoteguy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2010, 04:51:33 PM »
I agree with you guys above.

I started this post and I have been using this product since then. It's been about three weeks I believe.

There was a point that the shaver seemed like it wasn't improving on my head shave, but I think that was the period that my head was adjusting to the shaver.

As for now, I love it more than the first use!

My head is smoother and my shaving time is getting faster. I'd say it's definetly going to replace using blades. This may not be the "classic" head shaving way, but I prefer electric over a blade, especially if the electric gives a close shave.

Not to mention that for me, shaving with an electric is more comfortable. No cuts, nicks, or razor burns. While I'm at it, going electric shaves money too!

For you guys who choose to go blade, go for it. But for those who are looking for an alternative routine, I'd say this product is the way to go!