Author Topic: Courage  (Read 3673 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Courage
« on: January 20, 2010, 02:55:15 PM »
In order to be successful you need to have courage.  In order to have courage, you need to face your fears. 

When is the last time you stepped out of your comfort zone and faced your fears? 

Start today.  Call that person you're afraid to call.  Start the business you're afraid to start.  You get the idea.

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Courage
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 06:16:54 PM »
YES TYLER!!  The comfort zone is the enemy of progress!
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 06:24:17 PM »
Well, I'd have more courage if I wasn't so afraid!  :*))

All kidding aside... excellent advise!  O0

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 05:35:11 AM »
Great advice Tyler!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 08:37:16 AM »
The biggest bag of  courage that I have ever used - - - - was when I shaved my  dome BALD - it took an awful lot of courage to get there - -  - -but once I had that smooth dome  - -- - -I was fine - - -

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 08:44:50 AM »
Its true that nothing is every really achieved without a little courage...

...sounds like a scene from 'the Wizard of Oz' 8)

Offline geoguy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 12:42:19 PM »
YES TYLER!!  The comfort zone is the enemy of progress!

Good is always the enemy of Best...
If I should wake up tomorrow morning, and all my hair grew back; I'd still shave it all off!!  Thank God I'm Bald!!

Offline thebbqguy

• Sly
    • Get Your Prep On
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 07:41:52 PM »
Your post about courage reminded me about a valuable experience I had when I was 21 yrs old.

I was attending U.S. Army Airborne School in Ft. Benning, GA.  We just finished our 4th jump and I was packing my chute. I looked up to watch the next pass from the C-130 and just as I looked up I saw two tangled jumpers. They did not glide down slowly. Their chutes were tangled and they fell very fast. They bounced about 15 feet after hitting the ground.

Well, in case you didn't know, to graduate jump school you have to jump 5 times. We had to jump again within about an hour and a half. It was tough. I learned something about myself that day. I carry it with me every day.

I've never in my everyday life experienced something that intense since then. I've never experienced stress like that again.  Everything else seems pretty insignificant.

Also, as an aside, before attending airborne school I had never even been in an airplane.
TheBBQGuy