Author Topic: A good shaving cream  (Read 2081 times)

Offline coyoteguy

• Sly Jr.
A good shaving cream
« on: January 18, 2010, 05:35:22 PM »
In the past, I've used Head Slick shaving cream for shaving my head. I love the stuff, but it's hard to find in my area.

That brand is made especially for head shaving, but do you guys recommend/use something else for your head? Like normal shaving cream, such as Gillete or Nivea?

It states on most labels that it's made for shaving your face, but it has to work well for you head, right?

Thanks guys

Offline thebaboun

• Sly Jr.
Re: A good shaving cream
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 05:39:13 PM »
I am new to all this....I use Gillet......the lady at the drugstore told me that it is better to use CREAM instead of gel (because there is too much alcohol)...

hawkeye

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 05:48:41 PM »
You can use any shaving cream that works best for you.  If you like Head Slick, you can buy it online.  Some people use shaving oils, shave soaps, shaving cream, shave gels, etc.   There's probably about as many preferences on this forum as there are products. 

I am currently using Nivea for sensitive skin.  I like how it lathers up and smells. 

You don't want to use anything that is going to dry out your skin.  Alcohol can do that.  Make sure you moisturize, too. 

Rich

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 06:37:36 PM »
I like Aveeno.

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 07:14:01 PM »
I love and use the BodyShop maca root shave cream religiously but I think the new pacific shave cream is going to replace it.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 10:58:17 PM by ShadowSide »

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 10:49:49 AM »
My shaving cream of choice is currently C.O. Bigelow Premium (you can find it at Bath and Body Works).  I will occasionally use HeadSlick as well, those I find that my blade gums-up less and rinses better with the Bigelow.
MikeC

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 01:15:15 PM »
I rotate between HeadSlick, Bald Guyz, and Pacific Shaving Oil. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 01:22:55 PM »
I like HeadSlick, but I have used some generic Aloe Vera sensitive shaving gel and that worked also very well for me.
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 02:38:37 PM »
King of Shaves isn't bad--still prefer my HS, but KofS is easier to find, sadly enough--It's the battle for shelf space and it is brutal.

Offline dawgfan

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 03:19:00 PM »
C.O. Bigelow is a great shaving cream - green tube, from BB&B.  This cream works wonders with the "uber lather".

I am also purchased a shaving ceam from Aveda, from their Aveda for Men collection.  I'll post a review after I use it a few more times.  I can say that Aveda makes great hair products for men.  I used them when I had a little bit left on top.